Sign in to follow this  
Cleaverkid

SOI (Chuck) to the rescue

Cleaverkid

Okay, guys. I just got to give our friend and mentor SOI (aka Chuck) a great big :thumbs: and :thumbs: and :thumbs: and :thumbs: and....well, I think I've made my point. :drool:

Plowing with the 864 3 weeks ago during our "last" blizzard and the rock solid Kohler started coughing and sputtering like she was starving for fuel. But no matter what I did with the carb settings, nothing changed, so I remembered what I've learned in a previous lesson. Decided that it could very well be the coil breaking down. So finally, last night (because we got another 6 inches) I decided to swap the coil. Pulled the coil/plug wire, grabbed the condensor wire nut and noticed that it was loose, VERY loose. Decided that based on our fearless mentor and leader's knowledge that could very well be the culprit. Tightened that nut back down good, put the coil/plug wire back on, fired the engine up and decided I somehow should be paying a LOT more tuition money that I have for these lessons!

Chuck, you just keep giving us old guys those lessons, cause I'm proof that once in a big while, something does sink in!

wheelhorse656

SOI SOI SOI SOI :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: keep it comming! :thumbs::drool: :drool:

Dresden Guy

S-O-I ... :thumbs: ...... You da' man!!

Save Old Iron

Thanks folks,

you guys are the best !

:thumbs:

horsefeathers

Pay attention! or your not learning anything new!