Sign in to follow this  

More Snow

5 days ago it hit 70 & now they say 6'' tonight.

This is getting old. :thumbs:

whfan74

Freezing rain hitting the windows here at work right now. Changing to snow tonight.......I HATE ICE! :thumbs:

Gerry w

Scott, your at work?? You don't have this week off??

Quite the difference in VT, suns out, but windy and cool, like 15 out right now.

varosd

South Central PA might some inchs tonight butcould just rain/sleet. on a previous thread I wondered if we were done. of course, VT,ME etc are still in winter! the ST still hooked up...only took the wheel weights off to ensure the rims were getting rusted! :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

We got about 4" or 5" last night and early this morning.This was Margo's first time driving in the snow. it should make for an interesting conversation during dinner :thumbs: The forecast says that there might be some more snow in store for here(Pottsville area) tonight but thats about it untill Sunday when... who knows :thumbs: When I was shoveling this morning, my neighbor was out with the snowplow on his JD, he had been out helping some elderly folks down the road.Presently, my 702 is not where I can get at them yet.Im getting there but the moving things around and unpacking take a bit of time. My Raider is right near the door where I can at it but I cant use it untill I replace the trans which Im which I placed a post for in the wanted section of the classifieds, so for now Im crossing my fingers to find a nice complete 6/8sp trans for it. Then it will be good to go :thumbs: With my luck, I will get the trans installed and winter will be over then the plow will have to wait till next winter :thumbs:

John

GT14

The horse is ready and waiting in the barn. Hope we don't get ice! Predictions are 4-5

East of the river here in central Pa. :thumbs:

C-Series14

5 days ago it hit 70 & now they say 6'' tonight.

This is getting old. :thumbs:

Where are you???

Mike, in South Carolina for 2 more weeks!!!

Horse'n Around

I just checked the weather forecast again and like GT14 said, it says we should be getting snow today sometime.

John

varosd

Az Trooper, this yr the gettysburg/carlisle/Harrisburg area hasnt gotten too much in the way of DEEP snow, unlike last year!even then..the coastline of D.C./Phily /Baltimore got hammered! this year seems like 3-4 inchs again and again. always the question ..blade or thrower? so, far I have just a ST. but the wife agrees that we need a blade for all that icy,crusted over snow that occurs!

Confused99

That must be the storm that is still hitting us. Started at 10am yesterday and is still going. Have around 15" from it so far with another 1-2" by the end of the day. Was in the 40's last week :thumbs:

Jason

varosd

Looks like it, Jason the storm system stretches back through the Ohio river valley. by the radar, it looks like some wet stuff mixed in ? Of course, I had the day off and nothing happens and back to work and have to work in the wee hours of darkness! not complaining as seat time is seat time. so far, just using LED headlamp for lights...we have flood lights off the garage side that work fine.

Jim_M

48 hours ago I was riding my motorcycle. Right now we have about 4" of snow with 1/4 inch of ice underneath it and it's snowing so hard you can only see about 200 feet in front of you at best.

They were calling for 2 to 4 inches total, looks like they missed.

Brrly1

Ok, I just want to know where the guy is that was thinking about taking off the snow plow? Winter is far from over with. Quarter inch of ice with 4"-6" of snow coming down. Febuary thaw is over with. Ding, Ding round two is beginning as we speak. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

varosd

Actually, that is yours truly. I only took the wheel weights off to make sure no rust. The ST was still attached! I did change the oil on the B-80, push mower, Mclane edger, blades are sharpened and blower and weed whacker cleaned up. I spent all day yesterday cleaning up all the tree branches that came down with the big windstorm we had on Fri/Sat look at some of the garden threads...folks were talking about breaking out tillers,doing soil amendments etc. :thumbs:

Jim_M

They just changed our forecast. Now they're saying 7". I think from the looks of things we'll probably get it too. I guess I'll try out the 16 auto tomorrow.

Kelly

Lastnight we got 6" of snow, then 1/2" of rain/ice, then it stopped, I plowed but over night it snowed another 2" then rain/ice on top of that, and tonight another 3" of snow, I tired of plowing, it was 60 deg for 3 days and almost all the snow was gone, just lots of mud, now it got cold fast and I still have mud under the snow, it's a pain to plow.

hoser63

must be nice...our 6 to 10 inches ended up being only 1 in. :thumbs: ..Was hoping to get out and plow....maybe i can get the horse out when spring gets here and mow the lawn :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

I was really surprised when it got so warm last week. Like anywhere, Mother Nature has a sense of humor :thumbs:

John

woodchuckfarmer

We got 14 inches of snow last night in north centeral Pa. Glad we didnt have saterdays wind to go with it.

smoreau

:thumbs: got up at 3am and was out plowing with the truck this morning tell 7 when I had to go to work. changed out the blower to the blade yesterday because they were calling for rain in the middle of the snow storm and didn't want to to try and blow slush. well no rain here and now wish I left the blower on when I got home. love the seat time on the :thumbs: but hate the seat time in the truck. yes its warmer but gets old this time of the year. about 7-8 inches fell last night. and to make things worse when I pulled out the 417A tonight the left rear tire was flat :thumbs: aired it up and got about 1 1/2 hours of seat time. just not looking forward to another big storm. they said 3" thur-fri :thumbs:

WH854

I rained a while last night here in Wetern Pa, froze a little bit. Then this afternoon started snowing we got about 4 inches in about an hour. Will see what it looks like in the morning. :thumbs:

6wheeler

Good morning everyone, the Sun is out :thumbs:. The snow is done for now :thumbs:. Jason, how much did you get? You are on the west end of it, I am in the middle. Randy, you are on the east end. I got about 17" total. What did you get Randy? By the way Randy, I used the plow, it worked great. We got about a 1/4" of ice on top of it then 2" of fluff last night. Going to plow again :thumbs:. Gotta get ready for round 25 this weekend. Weatherman said 74.5" so far in Minneapolis, I bet I've had closer to 85". But, who cares now, just keep shoveling.

GT14

Out at 0600 and hit about 5" of fluff with 1/4" of ice. Temp was 18 and it blew pretty good. A little later I had trouble getting snow into the second stage, it just wanted to push ahead of the augers (strange) :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

We got about a half inch last night, now its sunny out.

John

Confused99

Good morning everyone, the Sun is out :thumbs:. The snow is done for now :thumbs:. Jason, how much did you get? You are on the west end of it, I am in the middle. Randy, you are on the east end. I got about 17" total. What did you get Randy? By the way Randy, I used the plow, it worked great. We got about a 1/4" of ice on top of it then 2" of fluff last night. Going to plow again :thumbs:. Gotta get ready for round 25 this weekend. Weatherman said 74.5" so far in Minneapolis, I bet I've had closer to 85". But, who cares now, just keep shoveling.

I would say we ended up in the 17-18" range. They had 20" on the south side of the cities roughtly 15 miles south and 15 miles east from me. No ice for me fortunately. Everything is cleaned up ready for the next round.

Jason