Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

Kohler Fuel Pump

Pollack Pete

I'm working on my recently acquired Wheel Horse 856 with a Kohler K-181S engine..I usually start repairs with the fuel system.I already rebuilt the carter carb.Today I took off the fuel pump.At first,I thought the pump arm was missing,then I realized it's a vacuum operated pump.Any rebuild kits available for these pumps?What size Kohler started using a mechanical pump?Thanks for any and all info.

DMK855

Pete, I am working on a K181 fuel pump as we speak. I have a kit coming for the vac. pump this week from a company in Ma. If it works, I will let you know. The kits are no longer available from Kohler. If your motor has the eccentric on the cam for the pump, you can use a mechanical pump. Replacement mechanical pumps can be had for around $45.00 give or take!! The kit (if it works) was 29.00 to my door!!

Best of luck!!

qd-16

Check with redsquare member "buckrancher" , he sells a rebuild kit for your vacuum fuel pump, I think its around $5 . I got one from him and it worked great. :thumbs:

keg

my fuel pump is geting a little weak om my magnum 12 horse. so i installed a boat primer bulb that u hand squeze i only have to (prime) the pump 1 time before start up then the pump picks up and runs fine i dnt know how long shel last but just an option if any 1 is having the same prob. and it may work for u. unless its totally gone out. p.s also if any 1 knows were i can get the pump for that motor reasanable it would b apreciated. :thumbs:

KB9LOR

my fuel pump is geting a little weak om my magnum 12 horse. so i installed a boat primer bulb that u hand squeze i only have to (prime) the pump 1 time before start up then the pump picks up and runs fine i dnt know how long shel last but just an option if any 1 is having the same prob. and it may work for u. unless its totally gone out. p.s also if any 1 knows were i can get the pump for that motor reasanable it would b apreciated. :thumbs:

Is it a vacuum pump or a mechanical? or do you have a part #?

Indy w h

There's a member here that sells fuel pump kits

PM Mike-Casella

Indy

keg

it is a mechanical pump i dnt have the part number at the time

KB9LOR

it is a mechanical pump i dnt have the part number at the time

Here are the part #'s for your fuel pump:

Kohler Numbers

47-559-03s

47-559-04s

47-559-11s

they fit M8, 10, 12 , 14, 16 & K241, 301, 321, 341 & 361

I can get it "brand new" for $37.50 shipped to your door.

MikesRJ

Metal or plastic?

daemon2525
it is a mechanical pump

KB9LOR

Metal or plastic?

These are the metal ones.

KB9LOR
it is a mechanical pump

KB9LOR

I cross referenced your number, and it is showing not found, you may have a bad part number..

daemon2525

I guess that I am lost then. The original poster wanted a fuel pump for a K181 as do I.

I think that the part number is 41-559-05

I am ready to buy this part. if it's not the right part number then it would be great to know that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Kohler-Fuel-Pump-K...=item415329b72a

KB9LOR

I guess that I am lost then. The original poster wanted a fuel pump for a K181 as do I.

I think that the part number is 41-559-05

I am ready to buy this part. if it's not the right part number then it would be great to know that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Kohler-Fuel-Pump-K...=item415329b72a

Per what they have posted those number are showing up in my catalog as being the pumps for a k241, 301, 321, and 341, not for a k181, but give them a call, and see what they tell you, it isn't going to hurt to ask.