Sign in to follow this  
Ian928

"Round hood" in Norway

Ian928

It is not often you see Wheel horses fpr sale in Norway, even rarer are the round hood typ. There is one listed here now, it is listed with a really high price, but it looks to be in good condition.

The seller calls it a 1958 Wheel Horse "Pony", I have never heard about that model. I have searched, and it seems to me it must be a newer model. The seller also thinks it has a 10Hp Kohler (I can see that it is a Kohler, it looks very similar to the engine in our 1054).

Is this a rare model, and what would I have to pay in US for a tractor in this condition?

Link: http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/tilsalgs/an...nnkode=26685162

Picture:

62_798415686.jpg

TT

That tractor is a 1962. Quite possibly a 702 model, but engines can be changed, etc.

Here in the USA, it's probably a $250 to $750 machine, depending on the buyer's wallet size.

Ian928

That tractor is a 1962. Quite possibly a 702 model, but engines can be changed, etc.

Here in the USA, it's probably a $250 to $750 machine, depending on the buyer's wallet size.

OK, thank you!

The price he is asking is about $3250... He might get that for it here in Norway, especially as he is selling it as a rare tractor.

wheelhorse656

It would be cheaper to buy one in america and have it shipped! Good luck :thumbs:

dandan111

If you want a nice wheel horse Im sure you can find one here on RS

everyone seems very nice and reasonable with prices. Shipping may be

a pain but @$3250 its worth a good look.

I would buy from RS guys without hesitation. But E-Bay -No-Way-.

VinsRJ

Thats a lot of cash for any :thumbs:

I agree with TT 1962 702

wheelhorse656

i think its a 703 o 704 :thumbs:

neil

i have bought 3 wheelhorse tractors from US now and had them shipped to united kingdom , we dont get the early tractors come up for sale very often and most people over here seem to keep the early ones.

redtin

Hi Neil.

If you don't mind me asking approx the cost of shipping.

redtin

Duff

Can anyone make out what the second tractor is in the picture behind the one that's for sale? :thumbs:

Just curious......

Duff :thumbs:

Kelly

Well if there's are built like ours it's a 1970 to about 75 8 speed tractor, it has the flip up fender, and the 70 up hood, can't see any more details.

Almost looks open around the shifter area, if so I'd say 70-72

Duff

Very cool - thanks, Kelly! Says something when someone as far away as Norway has two :thumbs: 's. Can't imagine why, given their rarity in that part of the world, he's wanting to part with one of them, but his loss will ultimately become someone else's gain!

Duff :thumbs:

Kelly

Well unless they got tractors a few years before we did that is a ,72 or 73 machine.

He was wrong on the year of the other one, but I'm sure he just does not know.

Ian928

Yes, he probably has to fill in a field with the year when he puts in the ad, so he just make a guess. He probably think the tractors are more rare than they really are also. He states that he will only sell to a person intending to restore the tractors to original.

JC 1965

:thumbs: That is one fine looking tractor and i would sure like to have it. But i would have to win the lottery to afford it. :thumbs:

Ian928

Yes, I really love the small round hood tractors also! Too bad it is so expensive...

Also, it has a mower and a snowblower (although we have a very similar one for our 1054).

I think I will send the owner a mail just to be sure. Maybe he will reduce the price if the interest is low :thumbs:

stevasaurus

I'd be curious to know if it sells and what it brings...if that is possible. I think the guys are right about it being a 702...which is a very common horse here in the states. :thumbs: If it sells for that price, you may find some more 702's for sale over there.

:thumbs: