Sign in to follow this  
jnelkie

snow blower

jnelkie

Does antone have a good way of making snow not stick in the shoot on a snow blower, it goes on my d-160 and also will putting rubber pads on the single stage auger help throw snow farther and help stop plug ups.

Operator

Make sure it climatizes instead of driving out of a warm garage then trying to blow, doesn't work. Make sure inside of chute is Smooooth, then you can spray with wax, Pam, I've used diesel fuel on a rag and wiped it.

iicap

Did you ever hear off Sno-Seal, it's an all season leather protectant, I had a can staring me in the face as I was making a chute extension and said what the heck, I'm gonna try it. It is in paste wax form, I waxed all of the chute and down in the throat of the circle ring. I think it helped tremendously and it will wear off after many hrs of use. If anybody has some,try it. I put two apps rubbing it in till it sort of dries and don't buff it like wax. If your blower housing has nice paint try it on the housing to help the snow slipoff and not build up. My blower is 80% rust, 20% paint.

Operator's comment about climatizing is dead on important, If my blower is inside I let it out for a 1/2 hr before using it

Kelly

I heard someone on here say use Ski wax, I'd like to try it sometime, heck it's made for high speed skiing on snow.

Gerry w

Smooth, clean inside of the chute, then spray silicone. Also paste wax works, but as stated, the most important thing is a cold blower and chute.