Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

Just got done blowing snow

rydogg

This is my C160 snow moving machine I have named Frankenstein due to it being a hodge podge of parts to make it work...John Deere muffler, John Deere wheels with skid loader tread tires on the back, a cab from who knows what (maybe a greensmaster), 2x4 spacers on the fenders to make the cab sit level, and heater duct work tin I used to make the foot boxes for the cab. I took off the snowthrower extensions cause when I would get into hard pack they seemed to try to pull my front end and I couldn't steer. This machine is fun to use and keeps me from getting covered in snow. Inside is a control panel with rocker switches for the cab lights front and rear, school bus type windshield fan, windshield wiper, dome light, and best of all the "blue light special" on the back that the kids love to see blinking. I just wish it had hydraulic lift cause i'm starting to get Popeye arm from lifting the blower with no helper spring.

wheelhorse015-1.jpg

Gerry w

Creative Ryan!

That blower shouldn't be that hard to lift, what hole do you have the flag in? :banghead:

Wheelbearing

Its perfect :banghead:

Sparky

Looks like a real sturdy beast! How much does that cab weigh? Can you post a pic of the inside?

Mike..........

racinfool40

Hey Dogg :thumbs: looks good to me also, No helper spring???? Popeye is an under statement.. need to check into adding that spring makes a world of difference and as Gerry said what hole do you have the lift flag in??/ Thats makes a big differece also but all in alll nice looking machine :banghead:

rydogg

Flag is in the middle hole, not sure on the cab weight it is heavy I use the tractor to lift it since it has a loop on the roof for that purpose. I had to go stoke up the wood burner in the shop so I got some more pictures as requested.

wheelhorse017-1.jpg

We cut the chute control rod and added a knuckle and some round stock to we could get it into to cab.

wheelhorse018-1.jpg

It used to have a radio and 8 track player here but I replaced that setup with the switches since its kinda loud on the inside (I wear ear plugs).

wheelhorse019-1.jpg

This picture shows the windshield wiper motor, the LED dome light (makes refueling much easier), and the fan to keep the windshield clear.

HorseFixer

Looks Good Frank.... :banghead: errrrrr I mean Dog........errrrrr I mean Ryan! :ROTF: and a big 10-dash 4 on that Helper Spring and try and get some Rear Wheel Weights! :thumbs: Cheers ~Duke

Roger from southern Iowa

It does the job, that's what counts! :banghead:

cpete1

Its a beautiful machine...Those doors are big enough, you could get a recliner inside there. :banghead: Thanks for the pics. I gotta learn how to do that next.

Chris

stevasaurus

I could have used that today...if it is too heavy for ya, bring it down here...things are lighter in the south. :banghead:

tmix

Red Green would say: If thay don't find you handsom at least thay find you handy. Or something like that :banghead: tmix

sgtsampay

Nice rig. I know what you mean about not having the helper spring on the blwoer. I was finally able to get one and its like night and day. LOL. the best $30 I have ever spent.

jachady

Can you post a picture of the way you modified the chute adjuster? I've been wanting to do this to mine to get the control in the cab, but I'm having a mental block on how to do it.

Also, where did you get the knuckle?