IthacaJeff

Can a loader really load?

IthacaJeff

Mike:

No, it was not me that got the loader. The guy never got back to me, I guess I could

have been more persistent. But when I finally did get around to re-checking, and

wanting to go see it, the CL ad was removed.

Ya' snooze ya' lose; no hard feelings for any of our RS members that might have

sapped it up. Good for you.

I'm still unsure of what I'd like and what I can afford. I think a JohnnyBucket type

thing would handle 75% of my needs, but the other 25% would be a serious benefit!

Of that 25% I don't think a garden tractor loader could do it all. Those Terramites look handy, and my mind is beginning to obsess. . .

Jeff in Enfield NY

squonk

I obsessed for 2 yrs. Bid on a bunch on E-bay. Had a budget at the time of $2000. Got out bid every time. Finally said piss on it, bought the King and built one.

stevebo

Mike,

I really love the look of your power king !! Mine is a 1969 14hp with hydro. I think it is one of the best looking machines. What year is your and could you post a few more pics??

squonk

Mike,

I really love the look of your power king !! Mine is a 1969 14hp with hydro. I think it is one of the best looking machines. What year is your and could you post a few more pics??

Sure thing.Mine's a 77 2414. Here's Elvis in pre loader trim

DSCF0530-1.jpg

After loader build:

DSCF0640.jpg

DSCF0641.jpg

can whlvr

its a nice lookin machine,looks beefy and tough

MikesRJ

This thread reminds me of another perplexing question which has been nagging at me for years:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The answer to this age old question has perplexed people for eons.

Part of the reason the question is so difficult to answer is that the amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the seasons and with the metabolisms of any individual woodchuck.

Modern internet technology has advanced to the point that we can reliably monitor the amount a woodchuck chucks in real time.

The results of this monitoring are shown below. Please note that the numbers vary due to the dispositions of the woodchucks involved.

woody.jpg

Jimmy G
On 2/4/2011 at 7:16 AM, kj4kicks said:

Since you're thinking of building a garage, a FEL is also handy for raising walls when you can't find any helpers:

P9110513.jpg

P9110512.jpgI

No, you can't really dig packed soil, but once it's loose you can play all day!

PA200606.jpgI am new here and see this old post from 10 years ago and have to ask, what brand or make is your loader? I have the same type and don't know who made it. Thanks in advance Jim

Thor27

He hasn't been here in a few years, but that apears to be a 550 ark.