Sign in to follow this  
TT

36" RD deck parts/info needed....

TT

OK gang.... this is what I'm working with. I have a 1975 B-80 4 speed that I bought from the local scrap hauler. It came to me with a NASTY 36" RD deck of the same vintage. (5-0622. I think)

I was semi-sucessful in merging it with a deck from a B-115 vert today, with the exception of a missing height adjuster rod and trunnion. What I need is someone with a similar deck to please measure the length of that rod - from the bend to the start of the threads and also the overall length - so I can make one. I do have a trunnion, so that's already covered.

AND.... if anyone would happen to have a newer (like 1983 - 1986) 36" deck laying around (junker/parts) that has the new style blade shafts, (3/4" with keyed pullies held on by 1 1/16" hex nuts) I could use a center pulley. (P/N 109991) That way, I could use all 3 "new style" greasable spindles. :whistle:

Duff

if anyone would happen to have a newer (like 1983 - 1986) 36" deck laying around (junker/parts) that has the new style blade shafts, (3/4" with keyed pullies held on by 1 1/16" hex nuts) I could use a center pulley. (P/N 109991)

I don't have one, but I sure hope someone out there does have a used one to offer you - the part is still available - at $51.00 a pop. What's it made out of - platinum? :whistle:

Deereman

TT

That's exactly why I figured I ask on here. Before I spend $50 for a deck pulley for on an $80 tractor, I'll whittle one out of wood! :WRS:

I'm sure one will turn up. :whistle:

KyBlue

TT, If its not pouring down tmw, Ill go out and pull off the 36" RD off my B60 and measure for ya.

TT

TT, If its not pouring down tmw, Ill go out and pull off the 36" RD off my B60 and measure for ya.

No rush, and I do appreciate it. :whistle:

Did you ever get the close-up picture you needed of the dozer blade angle pieces?

(I'll trade you. :WRS: )

KyBlue

Sure didnt. I did follow the article on building his own blade, and the making of the handle. But I really want to recreate the factor appearance.

I know how it mounts, and the release lever and what not, just kinda curious about the triangle peice, how thats all connected. a Pic or two would be great - but Like you said, No rush. Im waiting for my Soda Blasting setup to come in. That Blade is gonna be one of the first things done.

Sparky

Does this help?

Mike......

May2008001.jpg

TT

Mike, Yeah. :D

:whistle::WRS::D

Thank you!

TT

Sure didnt. I did follow the article on building his own blade, and the making of the handle. But I really want to recreate the factor appearance.

I know how it mounts, and the release lever and what not, just kinda curious about the triangle peice, how thats all connected. a Pic or two would be great - but Like you said, No rush. Im waiting for my Soda Blasting setup to come in. That Blade is gonna be one of the first things done.

051108007.jpg

051108009.jpg

051108006.jpg

Let me know if you need more pictures. :WRS:

(and I apologize for not knowing your name. :whistle: )

KyBlue

<<<<< Scott

thanks for the pictures, and Im sorry that I didnt get the pics and measurement for ya. Its been Raining, and 45 degrees today, 40-50 mph winds.. Not a Fun day to be outside.

Didnt forget about ya thou.

Those Pictures help. Alot

TT

No problem, Scott. It's just as miserable here too. :whistle:

I decided to clean up the shop / workbench and actually remembered to take the camera along for some other pictures. :WRS:

TT

Here's todays update:

I started to mow the "rough stuff" along the edge of the road with the B-80 today. I made it a whopping 10 feet and the deck stopped, and when I looked down, both belts were thrown off. :wtf:

Apparently the bolt holding the center pulley went on strike and the entire pulley came off the spindle shaft! :whistle:

While I had the deck off to reinstall the pulley, I also "fabbed up" the missing rod for the gauge wheel adjuster and sharpened all 3 blades.

After everything was ready to go again, I mowed the entire yard. It still needs some "fine tuning", but I was pleased with the job it did. It certainly doesn't use as much gas as the 416 either! :D

Here are a few pictures:

051308012.jpg

051308016.jpg

051308015.jpg

and the whole album can be viewed HERE.

Note: This 1975 B-80 4 speed is FOR SALE! Anyone who is SERIOUSLY interested can PM me. The only known thing it needs soon would be a drive belt. The starter interlock safety switches are also bypassed. (it was like that when I bought it :D ) It is all original paint (quite dull with light surface rust here & there, but much easier to restore than one with 9 layers of spray paint :WRS: ) , the seat, battery, and engine have been replaced, and it has a NOS Nelson muffler.

(If I can't get at least $300 out of it, it can stay here.)

KyBlue

TT I see your mule drive is missing the knob too.. It kills me to have to use pliers to tighten up the belt...

TT

It's missing because I keep forgetting to get one from upstairs. :whistle:

The pin is sheared in the adjuster bolt and I haven't taken the time to work on it yet.

I'll have to put that on the "to do" list. :WRS:

TT

AND.... if anyone would happen to have a newer (like 1983 - 1986) 36" deck laying around (junker/parts) that has the new style blade shafts, (3/4" with keyed pullies held on by 1 1/16" hex nuts) I could use a center pulley. (P/N 109991) That way, I could use all 3 "new style" greasable spindles. :whistle:

Still looking......

"dual wheels" Norm - did you get a chance to search for one yet?