Sign in to follow this  
mr.pipes

Frikin Mice

mr.pipes

Told my Uncle I would look at his snowblower that wouldn't start. Originally thought it was fuel and pulled the carb. Primer line came out because it was chewed right off the bulb. Pulled the recoil to find a mess. Chewed coil ground and high tension lead. I know there was a post about replacing the lead and using epoxy to replace but where can I get the wire? I can get a coil cheap online $20 but probably $35 + local. Also, with the primer line open would it suck to much air to fire or just run lean? Thanks

Horse Fanatic

Having the primer line open won't affect how it runs, but the primer hose is cheap, just replace it while you have access.

Auto parts stores should have the wire.

wheelhorse656

what type of motor is on the snow blower? i might m\be able to help with a good cheap used coil.

mr.pipes

what type of motor is on the snow blower? i might m\be able to help with a good cheap used coil.

Well that figures. I bought a new coil Saturday. I Could have save a few bucks online but got it right away and helped out a local small business. Need to keep the in town WH dealer open but I think he does alright without me anyways. Its my uncles blower anyways so I didn't want to make him wait as we are getting another good storm Wednesday.

I just came in from replacing it, rebuilding the carb and changing the oil. It was the first time in a while I changed the oil in a new motor and I couldn't believe how many metal particals were in the oil.

I would like to get a piece of the high tension lead wire and trie to fix this coil though. I tried the C.A.P. down the street and they only had complete sets for autos. Anyone know where I can get the high tension lead wire by the foot?

TT

Anyone know where I can get the high tension lead wire by the foot?

The Hot Rod Company

They take PayPal too! :banghead:

If you don't want to deal with them, I have a spool of it somewhere in the shop and can probably hook you up. :thumbs:

mr.pipes

If you don't want to deal with them, I have a spool of it somewhere in the shop and can probably hook you up. :banghead:

Thanks TT ! Guess I will order it from them if their shipping is reasonable. If you have some you are not going to use and want to get rid of I will buy it from you. I just don't want you to be without because of me if you will need it in the future.

Since it seems like you can answer anything, Do you remember the thread that showed a high tension lead repair? I thought it was SOI but I couldn't find it.

wheelhorse656

i have done this to a few of my coils. it works very good! just be carful not to break of the lead inside the coil that hooks into the plugwire. i have also made that mistake. :banghead: best of luck to ya! :thumbs: