Sign in to follow this  
ChrisHill

DIY Plow Handle

ChrisHill

Winter Greetings!! My name is Chris Hill, I have been on this site for a couple years, more as a reader than contributer. I am going to build a pivot handle for my snow plow and am hoping for sizes / pictures of the parts. I need to make the handle and the connector from the handle to the plow. I have the triangluar piece and connector that releases the plow to be swiveled. I know you want to know part numbers, but I don't know them, nor can I find the silver plate. Is it behind the tires? I am attaching pictures of what I have. I live on the west side of Indianapolis, Indiana. If anybody lives local and I can come measure their handle I am certainly interested in that. I am attaching pictures. Thanks!!

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/c.../DSC06620-1.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/cmhill/DSC06621.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/cmhill/DSC06619.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/cmhill/DSC06620.jpg

Forest Road

Scroll down to Catman's pics. Its over the top. If you can match this best of luck. The factory handle falls out of the front of the plow often. When I have a a spare week I might try to match his skill.

If my machines were home I'd gladly measure the factory handle. Its just a 1 1/2 or 2" wide by 3/16" piece of flat stock. With two 90deg bends in it to clear your foot rest when pulled back. I just cut one from a 520H and welded a piece of metal in for the double 90deg bend so I could use it on my 300's.

can whlvr

im not very close to u,in ontario,i made a lever for a plow that didnt have one,if nobody else chimes in i will try to take pics with a tape measure,i welded the bends in mine as i had no other way to bend like factory,i think that plow would be a 79350 or close enough

jusjeepn

Chris, I'm a little bit closer than Don, but you still probably don't want to drive this far! If no one has given you measurements by the time I get home from work tomorrow, I'll get you pics and measurements!

Dresden Guy

Chris,

There is a drawing of the lever handle in Yahoo WheelHorseManuals_7 forum. It shows accurate dimensions for the release handle at the top of the lever. I just took a look at the forum.

Hope this helps.

Steve (aka Dresden Guy)

ChrisHill

Thanks for the report about the Yahoo Manual location, I joined the group and hopefully will be able to navigate to find it. Any tips on finding Yahoo_Manuals7? Hopefully I can find it.

Thanks again!!

ChrisHill

I was able to find the attached document, which gives the exact specs for the release lever. However, it doesn't give any overall handle dimensions or hole locations. Can anybody go out and measure the overall height and give me the location and size of the offset? You don't need to be to awful specific, I think if it is close I will be able to make it work. Also, some basic specs for the holes would be nice. Thanks, I am excited to build this so I don't have to stick my face 6" from the exhaust everytime I need to turn the blade. Thanks!!

Chris Hill

can whlvr

sorry got home real late,hope this helps,the photo that has the board and the tape is horizontal,that shows how much off 180degrees,the wood is tight to the bar on the bottem IMG_0497.jpgIMG_0496.jpgIMG_0495.jpgIMG_0494.jpg

can whlvr

sorry i didnt get a overall shot,as i said the wood follows the line if the bracket was straight up,but its not it angles back towards the seat

ChrisHill

Don, Thanks so much for the pics. I have started gathering parts and courage. I didn't realize their was a bend in the arm, I thought it was straight. I was perusing ebay tonight and found one which I have linked below. I know without measurement its tough to tell, but can anybody give me any insight as to whether this will fit mine? Even if it invovles modifications I think I will be time ahead verses creating one from scratch. Thanks again Don!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHEEL-HORSE-SNOW-BLADE...=item564228b295

can whlvr

hey cris,when i built one,i didnt try to bend anything other than the release lever,i cut the 3 parts and welded them,it really didnt take long,and to get the angle u just cut an angle on the long piece that welds to the little 2 inch piece,that gives you the offset,it would be nice to have the tools to bend the flatbar,but with a grinder and a welder u r set.