Sign in to follow this  
WheelHorse_of_course

Sear 3 point

WheelHorse_of_course

I don't know the details but I have been told that sears had their own 3 point hitch setup. Years ago I saw a plow for this setup.

I guess it is a sub-category 0 3-point.

These come up for sale often, and since the hich has an integral lift arm it could be used simultaneously with other lift attachments.

The big question - are there many implements available for this system? Or are they rare like WH slot implements?

Thanks

kj4kicks

I'd like to help here, but I know cat ZERO about 3 point attachments.

sorekiwi

I dont know squat about 3 point attachents either, but here's a picture of a Sears plow I picked up a couple of months ago.

983a_1.jpg

This is the ebay picture, I can take some others if you want.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I may convert it to be usable with a clevis hitch but I dont want to butcher the plow at all, so it would be a "bolt on" adaption. Another alternative may be a trailer type attachnebt to the slot hitch with a 3 point mounting on the trailer axle.

I'll have to study up on how its all supposed to work before I decide how to do it.

Hope this helps

BTW Rolf, I'm hoping to move close to Cleveland later in the summer, hope you and Joel havent snapped up all the available horses in the area!

Nick

Compared to Cat 0 attachments I think the sears are easier to find for the simple reason they built many more implements for their hitch. If you look around there isnt much out there for used Cat 0 equipment.

Try Sears Pammer site for pictures of the line of equipment they built for the 3 point.

linen beige

cat ZERO

:WRS: :whistle:

WheelHorse_of_course

Kiwi.

let me know when you get here! I have not yet met Joel yet, but it would be fun to all get together.

I suspect Joel has bought up all the verticals in the area. I am at my limit (854 and charger) though I could be tempted by a 400/1, 450/1, 500/1, 550/1.

Back pn topic...

Mostly I am looking for implements. Those Sears 3 pt hitches are readily available and hence that might be one option.

Mainly I want to buy implements without breaking the bank!

I really could use a box grader w/scarifiers and a rake would be very nice too.

I have a small lot in Cleveland Heights, but it keep me and the herd busy!

Kelly

I see the sears stuff on ebay quite often. Their is a guy on another site that put a Sears 3 point set up on his WH seemed to work, I would have done it a little diff. but... that's me. I think it is the big Yahoo site, I'm sure someone knows who I'm talking about.

TT

Isn't that the "wifecallsmesanford" guy, Kelly? :whistle:

He put the entire Peerless transaxle from the Sears in a WH so he could bolt the 3 point to it, right?

Edit: I believe I found it at the big Yahoo group:

Here's a link to the message.

And here's a picture:

f0b3.jpg

Kelly

That's the one TT, I didn't know about the axle swap!!?? I'm sure it could be done another way.

sorekiwi

I suspect Joel has bought up all the verticals in the area. I am at my limit (854 and charger) though I could be tempted by a 400/1, 450/1, 500/1, 550/1.

Back off topic for a second...

I think we can all co-exist, I'm trying to stick with just round hoods now, so Joel and you are welcome to the rest... :whistle:

WheelHorse_of_course

Thanks for the picture! :WRS:

This gives me a better picture of the scale of the Sears assembly!

It looks like it would be a decent way to add a 3 point hitch and they go for reasonable prices (<$100) on ebay.

For now I think I'll stick with Clevis (and slot), but this is great info to have. :whistle:

cheers