Sign in to follow this  
meadowfield

Vintage/county shows

meadowfield

Hi all,

we've all mentioned it a few times, how about trying to meet up at one of the many shows around the country this year. Either as visitors or exhibitors...

I for one, as well as my father, brother and two of my sons are already entered in the following:

Bronte Vintage Gathering - Haworth

Cumbria Steam rally - Flookburgh

We are also entering:

Harewood steam rally

Newby Hall tractor rally

Driffield steam rally

In and amongst these we will no doubt visit a handful more!

Am I too far north for you guys? do I need to come down south? We will be in Cornwall at the end of may - does that align with anything down there?

mark

p.s. just in case you can make it up north, try www.bronte-vintage-gathering.co.uk

I'm one of the organisers of this event which is on it's 13th year - all monies raised go to a local cancer care home.

neil

Hi mark

i will check out what shows are on locally in may . what part of may will you be in cornwall .

You are more than welcome to pop in for a coffee on your way through to cornwall as tyou will virtually pass my door on the M5 Bridgwater which is just before Taunton.

we have a local vintage steamshow which i hope to enter this year

would be great so see you

meadowfield

Hi mark

i will check out what shows are on locally in may . what part of may will you be in cornwall .

You are more than welcome to pop in for a coffee on your way through to cornwall as tyou will virtually pass my door on the M5 Bridgwater which is just before Taunton.

we have a local vintage steamshow which i hope to enter this year

would be great so see you

we are off to just outside padstein - st. merryn at the end of may I think (the other half booked - I just nodded).

Shame we weren't later as there is a steam rally in St Merryn the end of June!

We have transport to driving to devon or somerset is always and option! I may be in the area the friday before so might just take you up on the offer.

thanks

mark

neil

you are more than welcome

i will have the kettle on or even a an ice cold flaggon of traditional somerset cider waiting for you.

Only you wont be able to drive if you go for the cider as i get the cider from a little back street farm and this stuff you could run your tractor off.

meadowfield

you are more than welcome

i will have the kettle on

neil

just let me know nearer the time and i will make myself available

And ill order the cider from the farm.

cletus

padstow is about 10 miles from me!

are you bringing a hoss with you? :banghead:

meadowfield

I'd love to bring one down, but its 390 miles each way and I doubt the missus would be happy me trekking round cornwall with a tractor in tow... She has enough to contend with at home!!! :banghead:

thames1964

Hi Guys

I'm new to this game and only a young un!

I'm off to Newby Hall with my two tractors this weekend. We showed them down there last year. My dad shows his vintage wagon and I take my tractors and horticultural collection - only taking the tractors this year though.

I can recommend a nice show in North Yorkshire at the end September 24th/25th at Scorton, Nr Richmond - North Yorkshire Vintage Machinery Society Rally and Working Weekend which is at Ellerton Park, Scorton. (used to be at Tancred Grange).

It's a really good rally with lots of exhibits.

If you want more details, just let me know.

You never know - we might see you at Newby!

Thames 1964

meadowfield

We are packed and ready to go friday night...

Look out for a C-101, Raider 10 and Norlett T8

See you there!

Mith

Hoping to meet a few of you at the Dorset Steam Fair this year.

Mark, the company I work for has a depot near Harrogate. Eventually I'm bound to have to go there and if I do I'll give you a shout. Hopefully it will coincide with a show of some sort.

landsurveyor

Dorset steam fair is a must if you are local enough (I only live 5 miles away luckily!!)

Would be great to meet up with some folks there.

Simon

adgecutler

I'd be up for takeing a hoss to a Rally, I attend them with stationary engines anyway so why not bring a horse. To have a lineup would be great if an event was chosen. I see one chap taking a Comando to show local to me and have said I will try to join him next year at either Castle Combe or South Cerney (was Kemble).

Where are the majority of UK members clustered?

Jamie.

neil

I will be taking 6 of my tractors to a local show this weekend 9th 10th July

at highbridge steam show in Somerset nr Burham on Sea if anyone fancies visiting or meeting up.

adgecutler

What's the show like? I've just asked the wife and she says she may slip my lead, are ther many stationary engines usually? If I do come I'll stop and say hello.

neil

when i went to the show last year there was about 20 stationary engines

loadsa tractors classic cars & bikes classic Commercial lorries , Steam engines

Horticultural section plus plenty more.

I thought it was a good show,

just keep an eye on the weather this week, hopefully it should be ok

look forward to seeing you there maybe

adgecutler

Will be heading down to the show with my uncle tomorrow, hope the weather holds out as it did today.

neil

Its been a good day at the show today and the weather has held up well;

will post some pics tomorrow

I have 5 tractors in the line up

meadowfield

looking forward to the pictures neil.

mark

adgecutler

I very much enjoyed Sedgemoor/Highbridge rally, thanks for bringing it to my attention Neil it's a nice little setup. Also it was very nice to meet you and have a chat thanks for your time and the gift, a nice line up you had there. While on the subject of vintage rallies I will recommend Welland which is in a couple of weeks near Malvern, I reckon on it being the best rally in Britain although not quite the scale of Blandford.