Sign in to follow this  
dave2800

New from PA w/B-80

dave2800

Hello All,

I am new to RS. I just picked up a 1971 B-80 8 speed with a snow thrower. I came across this forum while searching for information on B-80s. This looks like a fantastic site for information.

Dave

Attached Image

post-72-1295618715.jpg

mavfreak

:banghead:

Were in PA you from?

rmaynard

:thumbs:

Nice to have you aboard. Looks like you may have a 1977 B-80. They weren't made in 1971. That model started in 1974 and ended in 1977. Check the ID tag on the left side of the hood stand. If the number begins with 71, that indicates 1977. :banghead:

Anyway, nice picture. Those B's are good at moving snow. You will find a wealth of knowledge here, as well as a lot of very nice people.

Bob

Roger from southern Iowa

dave2800

Thanks for the welcomes. I am located in Marshall Township near Cranberry. The guy who sold it told me it was a 1971. Here is a picture of the ID tag. Any idea on a year?

Dave

Attached Image

post-72-1295621694.jpg

ducky

nylyon

Looks like you may have a 1977 B-80. They weren't made in 1971. That model started in 1974 and ended in 1977. Check the ID tag on the left side of the hood stand. If the number begins with 71, that indicates 1977.

It's a 1977. Check the links section http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=143 which may be helpful.

VinsRJ

sgtsampay

Welcome. Now, you have the wheel horse bug. HEHE.

dave2800

Nylon,

Thanks for the update. I also bookmarked the link you gave. I have plans to clean it up and repaint it when the weather gets warm. Right now I am waiting to my friend to bring over a new set of points. When I bought it the guy said it had a slight miss. One problem was he had the condenser just hanging and it was arcing. Got the bolted on and it seemed to run ok. Got it home and decided to check the points and come to find out the plastic part was cracked. We got 5 inches of snow last night and I have to dig out the old shovel. :banghead:

Now I want to find a manual for this.

I was looking on the Toro site and put in the model number 71-08k801 which was right but can't seem to find the serial number.

Thanks,

Dave

racinfool40

:thumbs: And I agree them manual snow movers suck, Especially when you have another sitting there staring at you!!!!! :banghead:

nylyon

Now I want to find a manual for this.

I was looking on the Toro site and put in the model number 71-08k801 which was right but can't seem to find the serial number.

Use none for serial number, it isn't important on that model.

dave2800

Nylon,

Thanks, I just put in the model number and for manuals it shows part# 803699: Parts Catalog (English - 86 pages) $ 20.40

btrrg1969

Fiscalyear

rmaynard

Nylon,

Thanks, I just put in the model number and for manuals it shows part# 803699: Parts Catalog (English - 86 pages) $ 20.40

Unless you want to have a hard copy of the parts manual, you can access the parts lists at many places online. My favorite place is Small Engine Parts Warehouse.

I have a copy of the 1977 Owner's Manual in .pdf format. If you would like a copy of it, PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Your serial number is the number following the model number and as Karl said, it is not needed when searching the Toro site. The date of manufacture is coded in the bottom number in Julian fashion. It appears to be 7116. The 7 for 1977, and 116th day, which was April 26.

Bob

dave2800

Bob,

I appreciate your help. I will send you a PM now. This is a great forum and I am glad I joined.

Dave

dclarke

:banghead: Welcome aboard!!

AMC RULES

Glad you made it too. :banghead:

d180man

Hi :ROTF::hide::banghead: :thumbs:

JimD

MikesRJ

You have a nice 1977 there.

Model Number 71-08K801

Serial # None - None

Model Year 1977

Product Name B-80 8-Speed Tractor

Product Brand Wheel Horse

Product Type Riding Products

Product Series Garden Tractor, B Series

Swath Deck Optional

Discharge Deck Optional

Engine/Motor Manufacturer Kohler

Engine/Motor Size# 8 hp

Transmission Speed 8 Speed

Transmission Type Gear

chesbaycruiser

Dave,

Welcome. I recently put points in my '75 B-80...got them at NAPA. Item # on the receipt says: SME 7-01029. Price was $11.49.

Good Luck!

Chris

dave2800

To All the welcomes, Thank you so much. I am very impressed with all the welcomes and willingness to share help and information.

MikesRJ,

Thanks for the B-80 information.

Chris,

Thanks for the information on the points part number at NAPA.

This is my first time with what I call a quality tractor. I've always had cheap used law tractors that all I could do is mow with. Now I finally have something I can do that and a whole lot more. And I am approaching the big 60 and that shovel is getting real old fast.

Sparky

Looks like a lot of information came out of your first thread :banghead: .

Mike.........