Sign in to follow this  
Lawn Ranger kid

RJ-58 with trip bucket loader

Lawn Ranger kid

This is a pic of my trip bucket loader on my rj. There is a good story that goes with it to. My uncle bought one of these new to make a loader out of it. He needed to dig a basment under his house(the house was on a hillside). He made the loader and kepped it for a few years but sold it. He has always told storys about it so one day I got him to draw it up on paper. I had to redo a few things but I finally got it together. The bucket is lifted a winch type thing that runs of the motor. To hold it up you simply put a steel rod in the spoked pulley. I had to add a few block and tackles (I think that is what they are called) to slow speed of the bucket.

I will try and put some more pics on later (Dial up is to slow right now).

Enjoy Josh (Thats me in the pic)

Josh-Loader001.jpg

jhunsch

That is totally cool. and a good job I am loking forward to more pictures thank you for shareing

Jeff

Lawn Ranger kid

Another cool thing is that the only mods to the tractor were drilling two holes in the frame. I worked around the hood and did not cut it up.

Josh

smoreau

:hide: thats cool. I like that idea!!! so the lift is hooked to the rear drive pully?how do you lower the bucket? :banghead: just would like to now how it all works. may have to build one :ROTF: :thumbs:

Sparky

Very neat :banghead: ! Just dont get the strings from yer hoodie caught in that upper pulley :thumbs: .

Hows the steering with a full load?

Mike.........

jaydeer

Nice work Josh!

CTPATRIOT

That is AWESOME :banghead:

MikesRJ

Too cool! :banghead:

VinsRJ

That looks pretty darn cool. No wheel weights needed?

Lawn Ranger kid

Heres a beter pic of the lift winch.

smoreau- To let the bucket down you take the steel rod out and the weight of the bucket makes it fall to the ground.

VinsRJ-It could use weights to dig a little better but moving around you have plenty of traction.

Sparky- steering is not to bad, you can't get a ton of weight in the bucket.

Josh-Loader004.jpg

420lse

That set up is just way too cool. Love to see an action vid. Thanks for sharing :banghead:

smoreau

LAWN RANGER KID\

you could mount a brake wheel from a c series tractor and hook the brake band to a pedal for better down control for the bucket. just A thought. really like the idea of what you built. you could also hook another pedal to your belt ingagement . good luck and thanks for posting the pics. :banghead:

Redbirdman

I LOVE the nail in the steering wheel.................

I took a lotta heat over my statement that I don't like "Do not touch" restorations!

Now this is the opposite! :banghead: I would love to move 20 tons of 'mulch' or something with that.......It kinda reminds me of pre-1972 and the cable operated excavators and the old TD14 dozers........only in miniture! :hide:

But 2 things please, shhhhhhhh don't mention anything to OSHA and keep the kids about 100 feet away..I can just feel my glove being sucked into the v-belt or the sting of a broken cable parting my bald scalp :ROTF:

Thanks for sharing :thumbs::hide: ED

wheelly

Sometimes I wish i didn't see things likes this. :banghead: I start getting ideas!!

That is pretty cool ! :thumbs:

Lawn Ranger kid

Thanks alot for the replys. I will probally have more pics in the future. Thanks for the suggestions also.

Josh

puddlejumper

Sometimes I wish i didn't see things likes this. :banghead: I start getting ideas!!

That is pretty cool ! :thumbs:

, Me too.But to many projects already and I cant leave it that simple. Great Idea with lots of room for Improvement. I used to run a old Insley m dragline crane that was all armstrong breakover clutches and brakes. The simplicity of how it worked combined with that general design......Well maybe one of these days :ROTF:

rickv1957

Very neat set up there!!!!

truckin88

it looks cool but dangerous all at the same time...I would image a belt guard should be fabbed up.

Just be careful

chris11

nice job THERE

fabricator2009

Too cool.