Sign in to follow this  
D3R3K

need help!

D3R3K

ok, so im a big dummy, i had bought a new battery didn't pay attention to the battery, it had the post oppsite. so the starter was spinning backwards. figured out that problem.

now the tractor will not run but now will start, and will only fire once. i have spark and fuel.

could i have messed up the rectifier or something from having the battery hooked up backwards??

WH nut

I dont think you have messed anything up, But Im guessing you have it flooded. Try replaceing the plug, or cleaning it good and see what happens

Coadster32

But Im guessing you have it flooded. Try replaceing the plug, or cleaning it good and see what happens

I agree, start with the easiest things first. (they are usually the cheapest also) :banghead:

rmaynard

Assuming that this is the C-160 that you have listed in your signature, here is my two cents worth.

When it comes to electrical, that engine needs nothing more that (+) 12 volts to the coil, a good ground, working points and condenser to run. If the starter turns over the engine in the correct rotation, and you have compression and gas, it will start and stay running.

The rectifier, ammeter, and all other electrical stuff can be completely eliminated and still have a running engine.

As previously said by WH nut, flooding, or possibly no gas may be your problem.

Bob

D3R3K

you guys right, must have been flooded, today when i started it up, it started quick and ran fine. thanks for your all help :thumbs: :banghead:

WH nut

:banghead: