Sign in to follow this  
tdearstine

Linear Actuators

tdearstine

Has anyone tried to use these Linear Actuators ? I saw them while browsing thru my Northern Tool catalog, they have 3 different sizes, just wondering if they might hold up to raising a grader or plow or maybe for a side to side adjuster, they are on page 105 or look up 125010, 125011,125012on northerntool.com, any thoughts? Tom

Attached Image

post-4-1210161185.gif

WheelHorse_of_course

Yes, these can be very useful.

In fact they are sometimes used for Clevis Hitch lifts (there is a thread about the Johnny Products clevis hitch on this board).

I am currently experimenting with using the much cheaper (due to volume) Actuators that are made for use with satellite dishes.

For more on that see my thread here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...t=0entry13313

Incidentally, regarding the above, I have purchased the actuator and will be doing tests fairly soon, so stay tuned.

Rolf

tdearstine

Thanks Rolf, maybe i will pick up one of these and do some experimenting ! Tom

rustbucket

i saw them in the catalouge and got an evil idea to use at least one to help in building a 3 point hitch without the need of hydraulics off the rear of my GT-14 since i cant seem to find any readily near by ones for my tractor

Robbie C.

heres some pics of a gang disk from a local show a few years back, i can't remember the detals on the L/A, gives you an idea of what they can do.

May26157.jpg

May26158.jpg