Jump to content

Recommended Posts

lindascell054.jpg

Where I live, just around the bend from USMA West Point, NY. 50 miles north of NYC on the mighty Hudson River.

Javy09120-2.jpg

My '73 AMC Javelin AMX, fresh from paint back in the fall of '09.

Picture2882-1.jpg

My '88 520-H set up for snow duty, fall '10.

Picture42218118.jpg

Out for a stretch today, Jan '11. :banghead:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't fall off the Cliff!! icon_mfhide.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't fall off the Cliff!! icon_mfhide.gif

I'm suprised to see there's a D&D up there :banghead:

Thanks for the pics. :thumbs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't fall off the Cliff!! icon_mfhide.gif

No worries Mike, wife says I've been over the edge for years now. :banghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2015

IMG_0116.thumb.JPG.af0b4ef08200f4bb9d109

IMG_0303.thumb.JPG.275b9398f941fc28d1e65

 

 

 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the tractors but that javelin is awesome! Is that a 401 car? Me and my father collect and race AMC 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great vids Craig , that cheese grater certainly has some speed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI...the Jav/AMX is long gone, sold last year.    :greetings-wavingyellow:

Recent reports are, the new owner has parted it out. 

Miss it, sure...but glad to have replaced it with better things. 

post-3498-0-95760400-1353121314.jpgpost-3498-0-68178200-1386115268.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now why would someone part it out? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people just don't care , have a clue ( common sense ) or see the worth of somethings keeping it whole . We see it all the time even on here . Buy on one site , next week you see the parts on another . Not to say I haven't taken advantage of people doing this . Probably half of my :wh: parts I've acquired this way. IMO It's hard for me to see something running or near complete to part it out .

:twocents-02cents:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought it just for the engine...

pulled it, and the rest was junk to him. 

See this with :wh: tractors all the time.   :text-imsorry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Bought it just for the engine...

pulled it, and the rest was junk to him. 

See this with :wh: tractors all the time.   :text-imsorry:

Craig, didn't the 401 come out of a J-Series?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2011 at 2:23 PM, AMC RULES said:

lindascell054.jpg

Where I live, just around the bend from USMA West Point, NY. 50 miles north of NYC on the mighty Hudson River.

Javy09120-2.jpg

My '73 AMC Javelin AMX, fresh from paint back in the fall of '09.

Picture2882-1.jpg

My '88 520-H set up for snow duty, fall '10.

Picture42218118.jpg

Out for a stretch today, Jan '11. :banghead:

What is on the back of the 520?  And BTW, that Javelin is SWEET!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Craig, didn't the 401 come out of a J-Series?

Yep, originally came up from Texas in this...

so, thanks for jogging my memory John. 

Just, normal operating proceedure for him to do. 

j.thumb.jpg.4bbc8a6610273798f0fe81405578

 

 

 

53 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

What is on the back of the 520?  

Weight bracket Dennis...

last seen hanging off the FEL tractor I have hereIMG_3115.thumb.JPG.be1b2c14bf0b303b234deIMG_3116.thumb.JPG.a25b473b74064f95ef066

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Yep, originally came up from Texas in this...

so, thanks for jogging my memory John. 

Just, normal operating proceedure for him to do. 

 

 

 

 

Weight bracket Dennis...

last seen hanging off the FEL tractor I have here

 

Not only do I like that but I also have the weights and bar.  That bracket is pretty substantial!  Man is it ever!  Doesn't say "Homemade!" to me but I've never seen one like it!

Can't quite see how is it mounted...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A J-Series would be nice to have. Actually I wouldn't mind having my CJ-7 still. The 304 in that got the same mileage as my GM 8.1 liter.

 

What surprises me is that I see a few 'Binder pickups driving around here in Maryland!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 6, 2016 at 10:28 AM, AMC RULES said:

FYI...the Jav/AMX is long gone, sold last year.    :greetings-wavingyellow:

Recent reports are, the new owner has parted it out. 

Miss it, sure...but glad to have replaced it with better things. 

post-3498-0-95760400-1353121314.jpgpost-3498-0-68178200-1386115268.jpg

 

That actually makes me sick to my stomach for 2 reasons. 1: that you think there is anything better then that sweet 401 javelin, and 2: that some moron parted it out!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×