Sign in to follow this  
neil

Euro members of Red Square introduce yourselves

neil

Now that Red square have been really kind & given us our own section , i thought it would be a good start for everyone to get to know each other.

So i t would be great if we could just post your introductions to Euro Horse here .

It would also be good if you have a photo bucket account to add it to your signiture so that we can see your tractors , plus it allows you to post your pics easier .

Look forward to meeting you all here and getting to know you all.

:banghead:

My name is Neil

I live in Bridgwater Somerset

have been collecting wheel horses now since the summer of 2009

have already met some interesting people here

hopefully going to do some shows this year (2011) so i may see some of you around

Please visit my Photobucket album to see some of the collection just click to link below

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/a448/neilhorse/

Anglo Traction

Hello Euro Peeps !. My details are at the bottom in my Signature. Well, I guess I have been visiting RS Forum (as a Guest) since Nov 2008 when I had seen a WH for the first time and started researching them. It was a year later that I obtained it. I then went into hiding researching parts and working on it. I came up for air in May 2010 with my first fully functioning :banghead: . Now working on my next one, as my Doc told me there is no known cure for this obsession, except for perhaps moving to Venice!! (but then I'll probaby attach some floats) .

I've got to know and communicate with several UK members already, and hopefully many more.

Regards

cletus

hi euro hossers!

my name is dave,i live in cornwall.

i have a charger 12 and a lawn ranger L-107

also have a yard-man 16hp twin and two westwoods.

im on the look out for more wheel horses in the devon /cornwall area,if anyone has anything pm me!! :banghead:

its great we have our own section,makes it a lot easier to identify fellow e-hossers!

meadowfield

Hi all, I'm in yorkshire - c'mon we need more people up north. Seems like most members are in the south - especially Cornwall/Somerset.

My obsession started with a 79 Dixon ZTR - one of the original zero turn mowers.

Been an uphill task keeping this going, started entering it on the agricultural shows as something a little different.

Kept paying more attention to the Wheelhorses and cub cadets and by July this year an obsession with Wheelhorses started!

The first acquired was a Norlett T8 (A-90), followed by C-101, Raider 10, Raider 10 and B-111.

I'm one of the organisers of the Bronte Vintage Gathering, and this year my family will be entering 5 tractors in total. If any of you are up this way in mid May come and pay us a visit. Details on www.bronte-vintage-gathering.co.uk

mark

farmer

Hello,

My interest in :banghead: started forty years ago, in that time i've run three tractors.

I now have the two in my signature, with attachments to meet my needs.

I joined R S over a year ago but "Guested" until recently, gardening,(providing veg for my family and friends) is my main interest, and this is where my horses come in.

My daughter has attached a video link to my signature, and we plan to add more "shorts" as and when we can make them. I look foward to "chewing the fat" in the forum with UK and worldwide members. :thumbs:

WH Raider10

Hello,

I'm Pieter-jan and I live in Belgium. My passion for tractors started when I was born i gues! :wh: When I was 2-3 years I got a small green tractor for playing.

I played all my live outside,hanging around at the farmer and in the fields.

My wheelhorse addiction started 3 years ago,I was 14 that time. Behind my back my father bought me a raider 10 from 1974. After the summer driving with it we went on holiday and came back and the wheel horse wouldn't start anymore. It sitted for I gues 1-1/2 to 2 years. Last year in november it was time again to start her up. A friend of mine of America delivered me a lot of parts for my engine and a month later it was running! Now I'm restoring it,I take my time because it will be a show tractor. I've been now looking for three years on Redsquare but joined in last year. Oh well this is the coolest and most helpfull forum ever! :ROTF:

A month of two ago I purchased a tiller,a few weeks ago a c-161 in great shape,all original with a special water/chemical sprayer that I found back in Vincent his 1975 wheelhorse dealer manual. Last Monday I purchased a really nice 416-8 and a c-125. :thumbs::D

This is how I keep the herd growing. :wwp:

Pieter-Jan :banghead::hide: :hide:

meadowfield

So there are only 6 euro members? and 5 of them live in the south of England.

Thats a poor show!

mark

neil

I agree meadowfield it is a poor show

RS has been kind enough to give us this section we need to show some interest

Show come on you ukers make yourselves known

Stigian

Best make that 7 members 6 in south Mark :banghead:

This feels like a "WH addicts anonymous" meeting :thumbs:

Hi I'm Ian currently living in Hawkhurst kent.

I first got addicted to WH's a few years back when I bought a 1974 Raider 10 at the local auction to replace my almost dead Westwood..

My fleet is made up of a 88-ish Wh 312-8 with a roll bar and agri tires all round, and a 74 Raider 10 that's ready for grass cutting later in the year.

My current project (and has been for longer than I can remember) is a bit of a mixture of parts from different years, but it will look like an early Raider, but with 6 wheels!!

neil

Well come on then Ian show us the 6 wheeler

lets see some pics of the progress

meadowfield

You can read all about it here Neil :banghead:

6 Wheeled Project Link Thingy

wow! thats mad...

assuming you are looking to skid steer a la argocat by using the disc brakes?

mark

Anglo Traction

So there are only 6 euro members? and 5 of them live in the south of England.

Thats a poor show!

mark

I'm as surprised at this as you are Mark. It seems that every W/H I looked at on the Net last year was too far North for me to go.....So I have to conclude that there are :thumbs: owners up your way, they just haven't joined RS yet !. :banghead:

meadowfield
So there are only 6 euro members?

neil

Hi

Ive seen some lovely looking wheel horses on Ebay that are in yourkshire but it was to far for me to go

I nearly bought a Gt14 from someone in Harrogate, but someone else got in before me

Stigian

assuming you are looking to skid steer a la argocat by using the disc brakes?

Got it in one :banghead:

redtin

Hi ALL

Another one from Cornwall UK 416-8, just been fabing a lift for dirt plough not had good chance to have a good test yet with weather been so poor.posted some pic's hope it works.

DAN

nope failed forgot how to post pic's

Sparky

Hi ALL

Another one from Cornwall UK 416-8, just been fabing a lift for dirt plough not had good chance to have a good test yet with weather been so poor.posted some pic's hope it works.

DAN

nope failed forgot how to post pic's

Mike.........

Anglo Traction

Hi Dan, :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: ......when you can.

neil

welcome aboard Dan :thumbs: :thumbs:

meadowfield

welcome!

enjoy...

Stigian

Welcome to Redsquare Dan :thumbs:

WH Raider10

Hi and :thumbs: from Belgium! :thumbs: :thumbs:

gus-lopez

Hi, My name is Richard & I live in Spain , having moved here nearly 9 years ago from Devon. I've been lurking for a while but have now registered as I have finally purchased a wheelhorse. There is certainly a lot of useful info on here & I look forward to picking your brains !

The wheelhorse I've got is a Commando 800 - 4 speed , which I purchased off the bay recently & finally received on monday. I'll post some questions I have along with pictures !

wheeledhorseman

Hi Richard, :WRS: from :disgust:

I joined a few weeks ago and I've found the support provided by other :hide: owners very useful :beer: . Do post some pictures because :) and I'm sure you will find anwers to your questions here. You've come to the right place :hide:.