Sign in to follow this  
Confused99

Replacement Snowblade Wear Strip??

Confused99

Hello All,

I noticed the wear strip is very much gone on the snowblade I picked up. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get a new one or am I better off making one up? I am not sure what size it is but can get that tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jason

jrfan882008

your local wheelhorse dealer would be able to get that

Confused99

I guess I didn't even consider that :WRS: I am used to working on and owning things that there is no more dealers :D

Thanks for the tip :whistle:

linen beige

Jason; The wear bar from the dealer may sound a little high, but consider that they are hardened and will last a lot longer than one made from ordinary steel stock.

Confused99

When you say high, how high are you talking?

Jason

linen beige

When you say high, how high are you talking?

Jason

I have never priced one, although I need one for my 702's plow. Seems that I have seen them go on Ebay in the $50.00 and up range, :whistle: but like I said, they are hardened so they are going to last at least twice as long, if not much longer than ordinary steel. Some of the other members will probably have a much better sense of what a dealer would list them at. Also, it is my understanding that the bars on all 42 inch blades, which is the most common size, are interchangable. In other words, you may find a blade with a damaged frame or no frame that has a good wear bar on it and pick it up for just a few bucks. :WRS:

Rod(NASNUT)

:whistle: On my blade I just took it off and turned it over and it was as good as new you can try that if the top looks good

linen beige

:WRS: On my blade I just took it off and turned it over and it was as good as new you can try that if the top looks good

:whistle:

WHAT HE SAID! (Sometimes the obvious eludes me.)

Confused99

:whistle:

WHAT HE SAID! (Sometimes the obvious eludes me.)

I will check that out. I don't see why that won't work.

Thanks,

Jason

Sparky

According to this site its available for about $27.00

http://www.rcpw.com/

Click on the TORO symbol and enter 109596 as a part # for a 42" blade edge.

Mike.........

Confused99

That's not a bad price.

Thanks,

Jason

Duff

On my blade I just took it off and turned it over and it was as good as new you can try that if the top looks good

On mine, the PO apparently didn't check the blade (even though he took amazingly good care of everything else related to the tractor) so the wear bar is worn all the way down to and partly through the attachment bolts, and the bolt holes are partially ground off, too, so I can't turn it over. :whistle: Anyone know why I couldn't redrill new holes about an inch higher and remount in that location? I know that will mean drilling through the box beam that's welded to the blade, but it will give the wear bar that much more support. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on the wear on the bar. Thoughts, gents?

Deereman

Confused99

On mine, the PO apparently didn't check the blade (even though he took amazingly good care of everything else related to the tractor) so the wear bar is worn all the way down to and partly through the attachment bolts, and the bolt holes are partially ground off, too, so I can't turn it over. :whistle: Anyone know why I couldn't redrill new holes about an inch higher and remount in that location? I know that will mean drilling through the box beam that's welded to the blade, but it will give the wear bar that much more support. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on the wear on the bar. Thoughts, gents?

Deereman

I am almost in the same boat as you. on one side of my blade, it is about 1/4" from wearing into the bolt hole on the blade. Thankfully it isn't any deeper. I don't see why you couldn't redrill new holes. It would be better then nothing.

Jason

willy victor

According to this site its available for about $27.00

http://www.rcpw.com/

Click on the TORO symbol and enter 109596 as a part # for a 42" blade edge.

Mike.........

I got one at Terpstras in Griffith,IN. I think it was less than $27. They can be had.

Willy