Sign in to follow this  
SAM58

54 INCH SNOW PLOW

SAM58

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T USE THE SKID SHOES ON THE BIGGER SNOW PLOWS???

:ychain:

bigblue12v

In what conditons on what surface removing or grading what?

Plowing snow on hard surfaces i wouldn't bother with shoes. On gravel they can be handy to not move the driveway to the yard.

Its all relative to what your doing as to whether or not you need them. Personally I never use them but thats just me.

MikesRJ

That depends on what you're doing. If on a driveway I would suggest leaving the shoes on. If moving dirt or stone I would leave them off. The skid shoes are designed to be the wear point for plows and blowers when running on hard surfaces such as a driveway. Running either type attachment without them in this situation runs the risk of tearing up the bottom of the attachment. I would suggest you always run plows and throwers with the proper skid shoes installed, and adjusted to the correct height per the manuals instructions. On hard surfaces the shoes should be adjusted so the attachment is approximately 1/16" to 1/8" off the ground.

zieg72

Does anyone have a picture or part # for the factory shoes for a snow plow blade? I see the slots on the bottom for carriage bolts.

MikesRJ

Does anyone have a picture or part # for the factory shoes for a snow plow blade? I see the slots on the bottom for carriage bolts.

Which model dozer blade?

TT
92-6840 "skid kit" :ychain:

RyanC

Sam, I'm starting to think that skids are a must for pushing snow on a gravel surface. I just completed a little modification to my plow and now it's tripping the blade quite a bit more than it did previously.

I think the skids are going to be a must. I'm planning to fab some up this weekend. :D

I've also been thinking that using a winch or actuator for lifting might possibly help too since you might have more control over small increments of blade height. Maybe then you could lift the plow to just the right height. :ychain: Just a thought.

zieg72

Thanks TT, I thought it may look something like that. Now it is time to look through the scrap pile. I bet I can convert an alternator bracket into 2 of them.