Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Hey Karl (nylon)

Sparky

Hi Karl. Does your 416 auto have hydraulic lift? If so heres my question. When I first start my "82" C-125 auto( when its cold) with hydraulic lift I drop the tranny engagement lever and let the motor and tranny warm up for a minute or so. If I wanted to take right off without a warmup I could move the drive lever and she will move just fine, BUT, the hydro lift wont lift the snow-blower till its been running for a minute or so. I actually hear the sound change coming from under the tractor(tranny area) which tells me the hydraulics are ready to be used. Once I hear that sound it lifts the blower and I'm off. So is yours like this or have you never used it in cold weather? It might be normal but this is my first auto with hydraulic lift.

Mike

Sparky

Opps. Sorry I mis-spelt yer screen name.

Mike

nylyon

My 416 does have hydraulic lift. I have rarely used the tractor in the winter since I didn't have a snow plow or blower, but I have used it. Mine does exactly the same thing where the lift doesn't work until it has warmed up for a bit. I recall seeing somewhere to let the hydro's warm up for 10 minutes before operating in cold weather. I tried to find where I read that and can not. Bottom line, mine does exactly the same thing though.

nylyon

By the way, where are you in CT, I am just over the line in Brewster, NY.

Sparky

Andover Ct. If you took 84 into Ct. and went 20 minutes past Hartford you'd be in my backyard.

Mike

nylyon

I was just in East Hartford last Friday visiting some of my Pratt & Whitney friends, never been to Andover though. It's a great area.

Curmudgeon

This is a tad bit after the fact, but it's right in the operator's manual of a 520-H to let the hydro warm up 10 minutes in winter. I'm sure the 416 is the same.

Dale, in Michigan

nylyon

Yup, that's where I read it. Welcome aboard!