Sign in to follow this  
hoser63

snow plow help

hoser63

:ychain: i need help on making the snow plow release and turning lever...guess thats what it may be called :D ..tired of getting of mower to turn by hand...anyone who can help me design a new one,, please send me some help :D

Sparky

What model tractor do you have and could you post a picture of your tractor and plow setup. There are many models of tractors and plows and we would need that to get you started in the right direction.

Mike.

:ychain:

GlenPettit

Where are you at?

There may be one of us close to you that has a plow you could look at in person and get the correct measurements (and see the twists/bends in the metal that are there).

In the pictures section, under Dozer Blades, you'll see dozens of pictures of your blade & A-Frame which should also help.

It's the blade itself that wears out/damaged, so the A-Frame & parts you want are often available and very affordable.

Good Luck, Glen

wallfish

Post some pics of your tractor when you get the chance. :D

I suggest adding your location into your profile or better yet, putting it in your signature. I think local guys tend to help out other local guys just a little bit more because they are close by. Especially when it comes to buying, selling or trading since there is no shipping involved. Not to mention that it can get a little frustrating reading post after post that asks "Where are you located?" Have fun, this is a great site to be involved in.

Kelly

Yes a location will help, I have at least one parts plow.

hoser63

my wheel horse is a 1967 1057...i will get pic up soon..later today

dont know too much about it..my dad handed it down to me..

hoser63

sorry :ychain: ..i forgot..i live in LAONA WISC....ITS IN THE N.E. PART OF WISC..

hoser63

i found everything i need to make the lever.. :ychain: just need to know how long to make the main lever,and hole placement... :D any help will do...

RyanC

Please post some pics of the process if you get a chance. I need to do the same to my plow as well. I'd love to see how you get it all put together. :ychain:

hoser63

ok :D ...ill try putting this together today...haven't gotten any help on it. :ychain: ..just going to be a shot in the dark...thanks

Operator

sorry :ychain: ..i forgot..i live in LAONA WISC....ITS IN THE N.E. PART OF WISC..

Hi!! South of you ain't I ?

Too bad I'm just now reading this, I have a plow frame and lever but no blade on it. Under about 2' of snow right now.

Randy

hoser63

:ychain: i just got done making the lever...(no pics)..sorry...only have one on my phone,but doesnt come thru on computer...lever works great. :D even had time to flip the cutting edge over....just have to wait for some snow now...too warm here for snow,has rained for 2 days... :D for those that helped...

hoser63

i think i made the handle too long,..can anyone tell me how long to cut it back to...thanks