Sign in to follow this  
DaveStAugusta

How do I bypass the seat safety switch 1995 267H

DaveStAugusta

I have seen post's on "bypassing the seat safety switch."

I just can't picture that.

Can someone please explain how that is done?

Tractor doesn't start in the cold because the seat gets too hard and messes with the seat safety switch.

Thanks.

zieg72

To bypass the switch you unplug the connector and jump the 2 wires that go to the switch. If that doesn't solve your problem your PTO switch may be on its way out. Easy to check with an ohm meter, PTO switch is available on eBay for $30 or so. The seat safety switch should be re-connected as without that safety you could fall off the the tractor and it would still be going on without you if the cruise control was engaged if so equipped or you could get off your tractor with the deck engaged slip and get your foot cut off. Bypass only to troubleshoot...

Sparky

Just be very carefull doing this as the safetys are there for a reason. Are you the only operator of the tractor? Make sure any other operators know what has been done so you dont have an accident you'll regret for life. My 15 year old son has been "mature" enough to mow for a few years now and I have made him very aware of safety while mowing.

Mike.......

DaveStAugusta

I'll just use it for testing purposes even though I ma the only one who drives the machine. Thanks for your feedback.

Duff

By the way, :D !

Duff :ychain:

DaveStAugusta

I took the machine to my local Toro shop and they cleaned all the safety switches, and the machine has worked pretty well since ($108.00). I'm glad folks advised me not to tamper with the safety switches. Pretty easy solution and I'm back in business.

Thanks for the feedback.