Sign in to follow this  
Raider-rob

Approximate value of WH 416 8

Raider-rob

A new member here, looking at purchasing a Wheel Horse 416 8 Tractor.It has a 42" Deck a 44" snow thrower & a 48 in plow blade.

Started up nicely, decent looking all solid, paint wasn't the greatest but I am not taking my girlfriend to dinner with it. :whistle: I thought the mans asking price was a bit high. He was asking 2700 for it. :D I think thats steep. It also has 900 hours on it. Been used alot. I believe it is an 87 or an 88.

He was alos willing to split stuff up. I could get the tractor, deck & blade for about 1700. I still think thats way high price but I here these tractors are the best. I wish it had a bigger deck on it though. I would like something at least 48 or more. We have about 2 acres to mow. Sure would make it nicer.

My brother & I are in the market for a mower & were about ready to buy a new Cub Cadet Slt-1554 Lawn Tractor. for around 3 grand. :imstupid: My brother was gung-ho on the cub but I don't think they are built as great as they once were. Not only that but when I was at Tractor Supply they told me that alot of the brands are all manufactured by the same co. MTD

we need to purchase a mower soon. This mower is going to be used at my mothers house. Her grass is crazy high already..... :WRS:

I just want a decent mower that isn't going to give me alot of issues.

Anyway thatnks for your time & any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rollerman

Rob a 48" deck is the biggest one offered on a 416.

Don't knock the 42"...it will get a lot done.

Depends how nice the tractor is for $2700...thats not a great bargain to me even with the implements....for that price though it better look like it was washed after being used & kept in the garage.

If it's well cared for then it may be worth it & will be a sturdier tractor than the TSC Cubs.

Would that have the single Kohler Magnum or the Onan twin?

Both are good running engines and will last if properly cared for.

Do the cooling fins look clean..any debris hanging out of the shrouding?

Air cooled small engines don't like to get hot.

Best I can offer you is to look around on ebay for a similiar tractor & see if you get an idea there.

You didn't mention what area or state your in...but do check ebay,craigslist, or the local classifieds too.

bigben

I bought this one about a month ago for $650. Granted it was an exceptional deal, but it shows, there are good deals out there.

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

nylyon

It is difficult to tell you if that price is good or not, it is high though for an 8-speed but if the tractor is in excellent condition it might be worth it. What I can say is that a 416 is a great machine. I have a 1994 which, being 14 years old is way better than anything you will ever get at TSC. I paid $5,100 for the hydro, which was high for the time, but I am sure glad that I did. In the gallery is the pictures... http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=873

It all boils down to how much you think it is worth and how much you would pay.

bigben

Hey Nylon,I just looked at at your pictures. Where can I find hubcaps lile that?

nylyon

Factory equipment on Hydros of the time. You can find them on e-bay, or may still be available $$$$ at your dealer.

Raider-rob

Thanks guys for your replies so far. Big ben, it looks like you got a smokin :D deal :WRS: I would have bought that with no question asked. Well not literally....... nylyon You mower looks alot nicer. The mower I am looking at looks real clean & all. like I said earlier. The paint isn't that great. I just think its way to high a price especially for the hours on it too. I also forgot to mention that it has the wheel wieghts & chains also. Not that those things change the value alot.

Can't remember the name but someone else provided an outside like of pictures with a tractor for sale around 2295 or so. My Virus program said that the web page was infected................. :whistle:

Also thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to someday be a proud owner of a wheel horse. I read in a topic on here somewhare that buying a wheelhorse is as exciting as buying a Harley Davidson, except the wheelhorse isn't junk. LOL. I have a Harley too :D

nylyon

If you're near PA, Eldon has a nice 416-H for sale as well and he's a trustworthy source as well!

kj4kicks

Hi Rob, I thought I had it in the For Sale section, but I can't find it. Anyhow, here's the thread where it was discussed:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1555

To see more pics, go HERE for the website listing, or HERE to just see the pics of it.

Not sure why your virus scan said my site has a virus ? I know that it is clean. I just had to install an updated ssl certificate, so maybe that was the issue.