Sign in to follow this  
jasoncracer

my tractor

porkchop

:D I like the hunt,using them,selling,trading and seeing everyone else do whatever floats their boat. I have met alot of good people since I started this hobby that like all different brands of tractors.I prefer the red one,s. :ychain:

dgoyette

Darren, don't let what makes others happy bug you. Life is way too short. You have 12 tractors!! But I don't let that bug me!! :ychain:

I suspect you missed the point...but that's ok :D

grnlark

I enjoy buying and selling so I can make enough profit to build my collection with no out-of-pocket expense. With that being said, the best part for me is sitting in my garage, looking around and saying, "yup I have one of those, I have one of those too, and one of those as well" :ychain:

Ken B

Those boys from CT sure do move a lot of stuff in and out :D

I've seen a plenty moved out of yer garage Will! :ychain:

Trouty56

I suspect you missed the point

No I got ya...just trying to cover it up a little.. :ychain:

Sparky

What bugs me is when someone posts desperation, "need" and :ychain::D and then has it for sale by days end. It is just so very insincere.

How very true. Remember the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" story? Man does that apply here.

Mike........

stevebo

For me is the people you meet and share a common interest. I am at a point in which I am buying only a selective few that are not in my collection and on my want list. I used to buy just about any horizontal shaft wheelhorse that was a good deal and I could turn for a profit after some tinkering and cleaning. Now I pass on many deals as I want to focus on getting my entire collection in good running condition and the way I want them to be. :ychain:

jimbotelho

well said steve the first portion of this thread says it the way it should be getting your tractor and get it in good shape to collect and not turn for a profit .It seems some use this forum for the wrong reasons I thought it was for helping someone who needs it rather than just buying and turning a profit. If someone needs to do this it is on craigs list . thats what it is for just my opinion :ychain::D :D

Brrly1

Jimbo, Stevebo, That is exactly what I thought this site was all about buy and collect. Maybe some selling but not like some of these guys. I personally think its getting out of hand. Hey I can start selling left and right personally I think it like very boring. If you have a problem then list it and hopefully some one here will help. This other stuff take it somewhere else. Craigslist, ebay,etc; Also its my opinion. Guess what? I am entitled to it. Not gonna change.

Merry Christmas! See Ya, Bye Burly :ychain:

:D

Operator

I don't want this to get :ychain: but help me out here, if someone doesn't sell how can we buy? :D I've never sold one thing on the "E" but I sure buy :D stuff! A box shows up here and you should hear the wife! Can't win. I've sold four Horses because the wife caught them all together, that was hard selling the first one. No more, she is ok now.

Randy

bowtieguy

Finding a Wheel Horse painted GREEN....or one paited YELLAR (yea, yours Jerry) and listening to the reason the PO painted them that color!!! :ychain:

Buzz

For me...I just love going to the shows and the fun I have meeting all the people. :D

Think I went to six shows last year, and met close to one hundred members. :ychain: All great people and tons of fun. :D

:D:hide: Me too. We have these tractors B) so we have a reason to get together and shoot the breeze.

truckin88

I personally love the buy/sell/trade of the horizontal GT's. If I can make a profit cool, but I am ok breaking even too, especially on a trade that allows me something different. I am limited on garage space for now and am in a development where if these sat and piled in my yard the neighbors would be outside with pitch forks, because I am deminishing their home value.

My favorite part is the discovery, the negotiation, the haul, tinkering, modifying, and meeting people, I have also passed many good deals onto fellow RS members that I could not jump on do to lack of space, funds, or not taking advantage of a wife who is pretty awesome about stuff. I do the same thing in my other hobbies like bass and guitar, I can only have so many yet there are a few I would never sell, same goes for WH's. Plus I love motors and mechanics, and it is easier and more economical to do a tractor than a car at this point, plus easier on the space.

For me sometimes there is sellers regret too, like the pretty 312 I sold the old man, he sold it, (he thought he was moving) he missed it so much, he just found another. Seeing him love this stuff at 60 is fun too.

Ken B. nothing but love for the CT people, I was j/k...though I hate 95 I am on that road everyday lately.

PlowDayJunkie

DIVORCE and LAWYER FEES,,,,,,,, that is why all my stuff is for sale. if this site is not for selling then remove the CLASSIFIEDS.

I post it all here because then maybe someone that is specifically into Wheel Horse will enjoy it a bit more.

I spent lots of time gathering my fleet, not to sell the whole thing as I am doing, it is out of NEED not want, but I would like to at least break even or close on what I have spent.

I have many times, jumped at something and most likely paid too much, but I am impulsive that way.

I thank everyone that has helped me thin the pile, and to all a MERRY CHRISTMAS

I will not be posting any more stuff for sale here as it seems to OFFEND the purists,

thank you for the space to vent for FREE as we are in that type of FREE world

just my $.02

Scott Carmen

MODERATORS PLEASE delete my NAME from this site

:ychain:

Kelly

Well I was asked by the person that started this thread in a personal email not to post to his threads anymore but oh well, I collect buy and sell, WH tractors, I buy them all the time, and some just to sell, but I have 25 or so, that are part of my collection and really are not for sale, true they all are for the right price, but those I picked up just for me, I have near 100 garden tractors here at any one time, for parts or complete to sell, and I get at least one email or PM from a member here wanting parts everyday, some days many of them all asking for parts, I try to help when I can, yes I make money doing it, if I didn't I would not do it, it really is alot of work keeping that many tractors and parts around and dealing with everyone, but I buy the parts and tractors and implements I WANT to keep with the profit, I find I enjoy the whole hobby, but the hunt is the best part, I think I have just about completed my collection, there are a few things out there I still want, but they will come to me, and with out this site and the buying and selling I would not be into this hobby like I am, Thanks to all the RS members that keep the whole hobby alive.

wheelhorsec85

hay Kelly . what you just posted , is exactly what most people do here . buying then selling to get what they really want . perfect . also its great to really see the truth in how everybody judges and or does this great hobby .

also you gotta admit

when Jason puts a thread up, it gets a boat load of hits and its great reading . it keeps me coming back all the time lately . a little excitement if ya no what i mean :ychain::D :D

Edjfleming

WOW!!!!

bell

Well put Kelly. :ychain:

My favorite thing about the hobby is the thrill of the hunt, closely followed by meeting and talking to people that are also passionate about these fine red machines...

zieg72

What Kelly said... Buying to sell, buying to keep, buying to try out... I am not a collector however I could be very easy if I had the space. This is one of my hobbies but if this RS forum wasn't out there I probably would not have bought the many I have to fix, resell, to have what I do which is very small in comparison. I enjoyed 2 hours seat time pushing 6 inches of snow last night with the 417-8 but realize the 520H did a much better job and is a lot quicker. I have bought from here, sold on eBay and craigslist. The hobby supports itself otherwise I couldn't do it. But meeting you guys have been the greatest part...

dgoyette

well said steve the first portion of this thread says it the way it should be getting your tractor and get it in good shape to collect and not turn for a profit .It seems some use this forum for the wrong reasons I thought it was for helping someone who needs it rather than just buying and turning a profit. If someone needs to do this it is on craigs list . thats what it is for just my opinion :ychain::D:D

Agree with Jim - The classifieds section here is maintained as a courtesy to RS members to sell personal items, and for RS members to get first chance at buying. Everyone has the right to use it but it is not E-bay or CL. What can become problematic is it is up to members to use good judgment and not everyone has good judgment.

dennist

Jimbo, Stevebo, That is exactly what I thought this site was all about buy and collect. Maybe some selling but not like some of these guys. I personally think its getting out of hand. Hey I can start selling left and right personally I think it like very boring. If you have a problem then list it and hopefully some one here will help. This other stuff take it somewhere else. Craigslist, ebay,etc; Also its my opinion. Guess what? I am entitled to it. Not gonna change.

Merry Christmas! See Ya, Bye Burly

Maybe we should ask the owner what the site is all about. I do think the question was what you enjoy the most, NOT what you dislike the most, as that will always bring negativity and conflict.

6wheeler

I have to agree with you Kelly, If it weren't for your parts supply, I wouldn't have my hitch. So, thanks again. I think a HOBBY is naturally buying and selling and buying some more etc .etc. If Jason wants to do that GOOD for him. Yes we do have classifieds that I believe are for that. As far as the gentlemen from Ct? I am just a little jealous, because you guys seem to have more of a variety out there. And more opportunities to find these Toys. If I had the funds and a place to put them, I would have alot more too. But, realistically, maybe some of these folks do not have storage facilities either. I would much rather see these Toys available to us members via our own web sight than fight with ebay or craigslist. I am just sorry that some of the members are feeling picked on for their ideals. I like this sight. I like the info I get. And, I have thick skin so razzing doesn't bother me either. So, if you guys want to buy, fix ,and sell dirt cheap. Oh yeah, and haul em to my place, I'm your guy :D . And, I've only met one member in person and, that is Randy(operator). Dealing with him was great, He's a good guy. So now, I can get off my :D , and quit :ychain: , and simply :hide: this sight and all the things it does. Thanks everyone and I hope you and yours have a MERRY CHRISTMAS Pat

truckin88

If the tractors were not posted in the classifieds and only on CL and ebay, members would not get first dibs, ebay can just raise prices to the unreasonable (but you can also get deals). Plus Buy/Sell/Trade is how I have met 10 members. And if I pull a tractor that is headed for junk , and sell it to a member, isn't that better than it rotting in the woods or someones yard. Plus the only thing that cuts my grass in WH's. Guys do buy sell trade in the guitar/bass and instrument world too. I just traded my 310-8 for a bass and amp setup that was killer. My 310 was a sweet machine, that I put a ton of parts and $$$ into. I am sure it happens in every hobby. I am 27 and have had 12 cars and trucks, I don't hang onto anything. I get bored. Sometimes collecting becomes hording....

I have done quick flips here, but I think members benefited. Why is it such a big deal that guys are buying and selling anyways? Everyone can do it if they want...If they don't like it stay out of the classifieds. I can only mow my lawn with 2 tractors at a time (my wife and I). Anything over 2 is up for sale....and that is just me, based on my wants, needs, and space. I would like a roundhood in the future to redo with my father-in-law for when I have kids and a hydro machine. I have slowed my selling down from where I was at last year, as there are different priorities in my life (my house is the biggest), but still enjoy it from time to time.

Most importantly when I buy/trade from a member or a member buys/trades from me, the tractors and parts are red and the money is green!!!! Merry Christmas!

jasoncracer

Ok i am 21 and i have owned 10 cars/trucks, and god knows how many tractors i have had. I obviously LIKE NEW TOYS once ina while! so as long as i collect or work on wheel horses i will continue to post them right here first. UNLESS YOU ALL DO NOT WANT ME TO! They can certainly go to a guy who will work them to death or SCRAP them. Unfourtanetly i do not want to do that to the macines! So you guys can make the call, if it will make you happy for me not to post them i will be happy to have someone else pick them up and they will start to thin out sooner!

fireman

I think this tread has run it's course :ychain::D :D