Sign in to follow this  
RyanC

Snow Plow Transformation! This is an Experiment.

RyanC

Thanks Harold for the kind words and everyone else who has had such nice things to say too! I really enjoy this forum. Everyone seems to be so generous with their knowledge.

Glenn, I'll post a pic of the front axle when I get back home. It's interesting for sure. I'm sure it was all homemade. If anyone wants it their welcome to it.

I'm planning to paint the plow this coming week and possibly add a winch for the lift, haven't decided yet. I know it would sure be handy to just push buttons. :ychain:

I'll get some more pics up soon. Hope everybody had, or is having a good Christmas!

bigplow

wheel weights or and fluid filled work the best thats what I found out chains too help alot if you keep your tubing for your lift arm you might want to add some pipe bushings where the bolts go through I blowed out a set like that once just a thought from my past experiences looks good and like the lift I also need more lift do to angle in the alley and drive

just my thoughts Todd

HorseFixer

Ryan Excellent! :ychain::D It looks :D

can whlvr

looks great,wheel weights and filled tires would be the way to go,i have a dually and i take them off in winter,they stick out past the plow swath,and just plain reduced traction for me,they are great on wet grass though

erik

Nice work... and nice welding!!

RyanC

Ok, here goes an idea for the snow plow skids. I have the picture in my head of how I'm hoping they will look when it's all said and done. We'll see how it turns out.

Here's a few pics of the progress so far:

I started by heating up the front and back of the skids and then bent the angles into them. Next, the edges where cut and ground to provide a spot for the angled sides to be welded in to the main skid.

I'll add more pics as I get farther along. Hope to get back out to the garage tonight! :ychain:

IMG_6096.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

IMG_6099.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6104.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

IMG_6106.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

farmer

Hi Ryan,

Really interesting thread, sums up "two heads better than one" very well, lot of informed thinking. I could only add agreement with the "rear weight debate".

Start in the tyres/rims first, then, if you need more close couple it by the draw bar.

I made a nose weight carrier for my 518, it snaps into the tachamat, but also has a

receiver for the draw bar at the back. Combined with the wheel weights it's enough for me.

I'm sure with your "fabbing" skills, adding weight is going to be a breeze for you.

As mentioned before..sharp welding too. :ychain: :D

bigblue12v

Very nice fab work Ryan! I replied to your PM :ychain: Let me know if it's available I'll come up and get it and shoot the breeze for a few!

RyanC

I really enjoy Sunday afternoons. The whole family takes a nap and I can sneak out to the garage for a few hours of fun! I

rickv1957

Nice work there!!!!

cpete1
I guess there's always two sides to every coin. (but there's also an edge

jlangdon

This has nothing to do with nothing, but you are just as crazy as I am when it comes to fabricating things that the average can't appreciate! I see 2:00am several times a week, due to my thinker!

:banghead: