Sign in to follow this  
Save Old Iron

An S_O_I Christmas

Save Old Iron

As the holidays approach, we all start rolling back the great memories from the year past.

As you're reading this, Mrs. SOI is baking her famous cream cheese cookies out in the kitchen. She poked her head around the door and reminded me to be grateful for all the good times on Red Square. She keeps reminding me how many times I come away from RED SQUARE laughing or with a smile on my face. "I love to hear you laughing" she says, and you must give back something to these folks for providing our household with such joy."

Wiser words have never been spoken.

So I will comply with her wishes - as I always do.

I have decided to make "one on one" or group sessions of the SOI_University troubleshooting available on SKYPE.

SKYPE allows live conversations between 2 or more participants - for free - over the internet. All you need to do is prearrange a time and date with SOI.

For the new year, Save_old_Iron will make time available every week to work LIVE, one on one with any RS member who would benefit from more than just diagrams posted to the site. Sometimes a quick "one on one" conversation can help clarify a problem much quicker than back and forth posting on RS.

The details continue to be ironed out by the good folks at SOI_UNIVERSITY, but Christmas is almost here and this is the best I can do as far as a "gift that keeps on giving".

For others, the Jelly of the Month Club may be a better option.

Happy Holidays to all RS members from SOI_University

W9JAB

Merry Christmas to you and yours

santasquirrelnosig.jpg

rickv1957

Happy Holidays to you and your family,Chuck!!! Rick

Dresden Guy

SOI.......... what's SKYPE? Just kidding! I like the Jelly-of-the-Month idea, but I believe I will benefit more from the "1-on-1" diagnostic tutoring.

A thought just occured to me - is there any way to do just do a SKYPE version of "Robo-Repair"? You know of course that Doctors can do laproscopic prostatectomies and quintuple heart bypasses from thousands of miles away over the internet ....... and SOI with your resourcefulness, surely this can be worked out. All I would do is to drive my tractor in front of a robotic articulator arm(s) and let you do your SOI Magic - VOILA!!! Then I could skip the part where I have to learn anything...... I would just sit back and watch the "Magical Robotic Manipulators" fine tune/repair my C-160 and B-80 to new excellence. SOI, get back to me on this!

And oh yes, please tell MRS. SOI that those cookies sound super yummy, and thank her for sharing you to the RS Forum for untold instructional hours. :ychain:

SOI, Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs. and a Joyous Christmas wish to all the Red Square members.

stevasaurus

Chuck...that is a great idea. :D

In the spirit of Christmas...Merry Christmas to you and yours. :ychain: :D

Kelly

Your a great guy to offer this opportunity to the members of RS, even with all the bad thrown at you, your a good man, Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

horsefeathers

SOI, Opened up my "Jelly of the Month"! Peach of course... but it was moldy!

Ain't so Peachie anymore! Now what?

Skype Jelly? What is that? Need more help as always!!!!(You Know)

:ychain: HORSEFEATHERS!

JimD

Bud, Google skype download. It's a free download that allows you to talk to people directly on the internet through your computer. Download + cheap set of headphones =Very cool! Once you have it downloaded you can add contacts as you find them. Much better talking directly than reading chat posts.

Save Old Iron

Your a great guy to offer this opportunity to the members of RS, even with all the bad thrown at you

It's Ok Kelly, thanks

the line to "mark" me is getting shorter every day.

I think I see the sun coming out !!

image001.jpg