C-160 Tractor

Got me a 2-stage blower but I'm Missing 1 part

C-160 Tractor

Hi guys I got my 44" dual stage snowblower today. P/N 79361 (thanks to sgtsampay)

I did some tinkering on it and then started hooking it up.

I seam to have every piece except for one.

I am not sure if it is something that the PO never removed from his tractor, or if it is something that just didn't come on my C-160.

Cause after all this 44" dual stage was not really made for my C-160 but still fits!

Duke I was hoping you could help me out on this cause you have it installed on a C-120 around the same year as my C-160.

Could you check your tractor and let me know how you have this part mounted.

FILE0063.jpg

FILE0062.jpg

it looks like it is supposed to mount to part 1 in the diagram. (belt guard bracket)

but thats the part I am missing and do not have, the belt guard bracket.

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

anyway here it is hooked to my C-160 8-speed with manual lift. (yes I said Manual! it works!!!)

I was excited to get it going, but after watching this video I need to give my tractor some paint and TLC.

At first I noticed my tractor like twisting when I lifted the blower.

I figured out that I had a few loose bolts on the tractor and it was causing it to flex.

tightened them and it feels better.

VIDEO

I can't wait to blow snow, but need to make sure this anti-sway bracket is installed first.

any help would be great.

Like is that a part I can find used or new and will it mount up to my tractor?.

my belt guard looks different, but I believe from what the directions say I remove mine and bolt that one up.

thanks again

• Like 1

sgtsampay

Looks great. i like the video. I saw what part you are talking about. Glad that its only a belt guard and is nothing major. LOL.

Also, is it jsut me or are you front augers bowing when they turn? Mabye its jsut me eyes... LOL.\

Glad to see that your manual lift can lift that blower up so easy. You look super happy. LOL. Glad that I could help... If you ever come central maine, you gotta stop by. :ychain:

ducky

Also, is it jsut me or are you front augers bowing when they turn? Mabye its jsut me eyes... LOL.\

i think it will do that with no support for the gear box that drives it. but i like the set up. :ychain:

C-160 Tractor

Looks great. i like the video. I saw what part you are talking about. Glad that its only a belt guard and is nothing major. LOL.

Glad to see that your manual lift can lift that blower up so easy. You look super happy. LOL. Glad that I could help... If you ever come central maine, you gotta stop by. :ychain:

thanks man.

yeah that belt guard is not what I am worried about its the anti-sway guard that bolts to the belt guard that I cannot attach without the belt guard.

I maybe able to make something but I want to try and find the part 1st.

yeah they seam to be flexing a little bit.

I am not sure if that is normal or not?

can someone confirm

C-160 Tractor

i think it will do that with no support for the gear box that drives it. but i like the set up. :ychain:

thanks man, so your saying thats normal?

dgoyette

Very cool...looks like you lift that big blower just fine! I am just as anxious as you for the first snow because I am also trying out my C-160 with the two stage for the first time this year. Same set up except mines a hydro.

I also think that some movement is normal as noted because this blower does not have a bracket at the auger gear box. I will check out mine later today to see how much movement I have.

Nice set up and look forward to updates once the snow begins to fly.

MalMac

I just got the belt cover and anti sway bracket last year from Toro. They all come as separate parts.

wallfish

My auger does not move like that when running. It seems like a shaft is bent a little and causing it to move around. Could either be the auger shaft or the one that drives the gear box. The anti sway part will keep the belt from hitting the hood.

Operator

I don't have that piece on mine :D but if that is why I put Duc Tape on corner of hood so the belt doesn't rub it now I know why. :ychain:

Randy

Operator

I went back and watched the video, look real close at the auger shaft where it goes into little gear box :D on left side [facing it] it is down lower than right side, bearing? bushing? That is the wobble i bet.

Watch again. Looks good though :ychain:

Randy

sgtsampay

Oh, so that is what that part does.. Anti sway. Hm.. Wish I would have known that last year when I used my nieghtbor's two-stage and it would sway sometimes when i stuck it into the large snowbanks. LOL..

That would makes since about the impeller shaft being bent... It wouldn'ts be the auger shaft as only one sife would bend, not both in the, middle. If it is the inpeller shaft, after just a few bolts you already got the augers off and the shaft exposed. Would take that long ot get to it. Then remove the impeller from the blower house and place it in a vice and rebend it, if its the cause. Not that much work I would think..

Anyway, It looks great and I'm shocked still at how easy the blower lifts with a manual. LOL.

sgtsampay

I went back and watched the video, look real close at the auger shaft where it goes into little gear box :D on left side [facing it] it is down lower than right side, bearing? bushing? That is the wobble i bet.

Watch again. Looks good though :ychain:

Randy

If it is that bushing, then thats a real easy fix. The hardest part would be paying for the $20 bearing. LOL.

Hmm, I wish I good stream that video again, but i don't have enough bandwith. LOL.

C-160, keep us posted!

dgoyette

My auger does not move like that when running. It seems like a shaft is bent a little and causing it to move around. Could either be the auger shaft or the one that drives the gear box. The anti sway part will keep the belt from hitting the hood.

I checked for movement on mine too. Very minimal and actually only visible if I look really close. Sounds like others have already pinpointed the problem for you.

HorseFixer

Brian, Nope mine dont have that :ychain: Looks like it lifts pretty easy! :hide: Change the lube in the gearcase & grease all your fittings go over everything and leave nothing to chance! That's a fine piece of equipment there and it will take care of you if you take care of it! :D

Congradulations Fellow Snow Chucker!! :D

Below is mine as you can see I dont have that bracket stuff.

DSCN2489.jpg

C-160 Tractor

thanks everyone for the tips and good advice.

That is why I videoed that wobble because it didn't look right and I knew you all would let me know some good tips.

I will be taking it all apart and try to figure out why it is like that.

Two of the thrower blades had dents in them like the PO hit a rock or two. lol

but I had already heated the metal using some MAPP gas and used my adjustable wrench and straightened them out.

If it is a bushing or bearing thats great and easy.

if its a bent shaft thats a little bit of a pain, but I will fix it up right.

I got it at a great deal so putting a few bucks into it is not going to be a problem.

hey malmac1 where did you buy that part, how much was it, and do you have a part number?

thanks again all.

I am so happy to have it and I cannot wait for snow!

well I want to fix it a little first so a few weeks will be ok without snow. lol

I can still use my walk behind though so I am all set..

:ychain:

sgtsampay

Looks like you have a great game plan... Nice idea about rebending the blades back. Would have never though of heating them up. LOL.

mr.pipes

Congratulations on the blower Brian! :ychain:

I sent you an email right when I saw it. I didn't read any other posts yet that's why I commented on the bent impeller. I haven't looked at how easy the impeller comes out but it would be an nice time to bolt some rubber flaps on it. Works great on 2-stage walk behinds and Duke's looks like it gave him more distance. Geoff

HorseFixer

I do have a couple questions Brian, after getting that blower on there how much do you figure it weighs? :D I have been trying to find the stats on the weight but havent been able to :ychain: My guess would be around 3 to 4 hundered lbs just wonder what you thought? Now how does it steer with the blower up? Have you noticed anything? :D

dgoyette

Duke - I found some specs on it a while back that said it weighed 360 pounds. Sounds and certainly feels about right to me.

Confused99

I also do not use the anti sway parts. I am glad to see another manual lift/2 stage combo. I am very happy with mine and have no issues lifting it (and I'm not a big guy by any means). It's hard to tell but do you have the large lift assist spring installed? If not it will lift even easier once you put that on.

edit - looked at the pics again and see the assist spring :ychain:

HorseFixer

Duke - I found some specs on it a while back that said it weighed 360 pounds. Sounds and certainly feels about right to me.

Thanks Darren :D Yep thats sounds about right to me too, as thats what I had guessed. :D Im still kinda shocked by Brians video :D I would not have guess that blower would have lifted that easily :ychain: I guess Im just spoiled :hide:

mr.pipes

I know they are heavy but that sounds a bit much to me. I am incredibly strong though. :ychain:

Me and my buddy carried mine 150 ft the other night and it wasn't any fun. Put in the Van yesterday with three guys and was nothing. I would think around 250 give or take 25lbs.

I will put it on the see-saw with my girlfriend and if it goes up we know its less than 360lbs. :D:D:hide: :D

• Like 1

ducky

I will put it on the see-saw with my girlfriend and if it goes up we know its less than 360lbs. :ychain::D:D:hide:

brave very brave. B):D hope she don't read the post with u.

C-160 Tractor

I noticed a few things when removing the chain, auger, and impeller.

I hadn't soaked the chain yet so it was still kinda stiff. So that's in oil now.

I also noticed the small gear was loose and the set screw was all the way tight. Well I removed it and it was just a small bolt and didn't touch the shaft. Lol

Took the gear to hardware store and got two alan key set screws cause its all they had. They are heat trated.

I noticed a dent from a big rock on the backside of the impeller. Pics later.

Pats are on now.

Also the impeller is bent more than I noticed before. I was wailing on it to try and remove it and its a little straighter now. I didn't get it off yet. I have it soaking with pb blaster but it may take some heat as well.

If I get it off and straighten it good I will do the duke mod then to maybe. Also I wonder if I could not get it straight how much that peice costs? Checking later.

But I believe it was wobling because the impeller was bent and rubbing on the back side which pushed the shaft and probably made that wobble. So I bet once I straighten or replace that part I should be good.

I will go out and snap some pics later to show you what I mean.

Thanks

B