C-160 Tractor

Got me a 2-stage blower but I'm Missing 1 part

Operator

Brian don't use "paper" towels on your plastic windows, it will scratch them. Terry cloth works good. I do't think you can use Windex either but can't remember on that one. A motorized wiper on flexable plastic?

Randy

C-160 Tractor

Brian don't use "paper" towels on your plastic windows, it will scratch them. Terry cloth works good. I do't think you can use Windex either but can't remember on that one. A motorized wiper on flexable plastic?

Randy

ok great tips. :D:ychain:

thank you.

also I think when he said wiper he was thinking of replacing the window and adding a wiper. ??

I talked to him in person a few weeks back and we talked about it a little I think.

sgtsampay

Brain is correct.

I did have to repalce me windwos with a firm plate of lexan. thats why I'm thinking about putting a wiper on it, as the windows is quite rigid.

If you look at my thread about being alone for christmas, you can see my windows. :D

good to hear that the cab is needed. I will be looking forward to it then. I just hope a soft cab for a 60's tractor will fit on a workhorse. i think it will. :ychain:

Brian, when you were blowing towards the camera at the beginning of the movie, noticed how the distance of the snow went down to a couple of feet for a sec. Thats when you stopped and it catch up then you continued on. Thats the slipping I'm talking about. I say this, because during that whole time, your engine sounded the same and didnt sound like it was going to stall.

IMHO, you want the engine to bog down and almost stall. thats way you know you are having no slipping. I could be wrong on this, so hopefully others will comment..

C-160 Tractor

Is this normal or is it worn out and I need a new one of each? :thumbs:

:banghead::ROTF:

IMG_20110108_125027.jpg

IMG_20110108_125042.jpg

I also finally got these in.

IMG_20110108_123004.jpg

Wheelbearing

I bought those exact 2 brackets 3 months ago. the "anti sway braket" mounts on the triangular looking bracket. It stops the blower from swaying to the left. On some tractor models the blower can sway to the left and the drive belt will rub on the tractor hood. Depending on what style of hood you have. Those brackets prevent that. You can ask Stevebo about it. LOL He found that out the manual way and he told me about it. See Steve I do listen to you. :thumbs:

Can't tell if the clutch is warn out with those pictures. I think its around 1/8 of friction material on the disk new. As long as your not hitting the rivet heads you should be fine.

When I used my blower for the first time I had to tighten the clutch down too... :banghead: I'm working on the light setup on my cab now. I'm kinda following in Horsefixers foot steps with the mods.

C-160 Tractor

I bought those exact 2 brackets 3 months ago. the "anti sway braket" mounts on the triangular looking bracket. It stops the blower from swaying to the left. On some tractor models the blower can sway to the left and the drive belt will rub on the tractor hood. Depending on what style of hood you have. Those brackets prevent that. You can ask Stevebo about it. LOL He found that out the manual way and he told me about it. See Steve I do listen to you. :hide:

Can't tell if the clutch is warn out with those pictures. I think its around 1/8 of friction material on the disk new. As long as your not hitting the rivet heads you should be fine.

When I used my blower for the first time I had to tighten the clutch down too... :thumbs: I'm working on the light setup on my cab now. I'm kinda following in Horsefixers foot steps with the mods.

Nice! I can't wait to check yours out.

I don't think I will have a problem with the belt hitting the hood on my C-160 because it is far away but I got the brackets anyway. lol

So about the clutch the pad is like flat with the steal it mounts to so I figure it is due for a new one.

I ordered the clutch plate and brake thing too... :D

not cheap.

I think it is down to the rivets and I don't want it scaring up the pulley wheel then needing to buy that down the road. there is no oil leaking from the bearing and all that looks good so I should be good there for a few years.

I will make sure it is all right in there when installing it again.

I think we are getting more snow Wed. so I will put it back on as is and tighten it up. :ROTF:

I am also trying to follow in Horsefixers foot steps. he is my idol. lol :banghead:

I was working on using this wiper motor I had laying around to turn the chute but when I hook power to it, it acts like a wiper does and moves only a little back and forth. lol so I don't think I can use that. haha

I did get around to wiping off the whole cab with back to black stuff and it shines so nice now.

and I used some rain-x on the windows and they are so clear! :hide:

I can't wait to blow some more snow!

I hope my wife will video for me next time. :wh:

Wheelbearing

This is the link to the first snow fall of the year. The pics are actually videos just click on them. I live in Middletown,ct about 30 miles north of the Ct shore line.

Tomorrow we're suppose to get ALOT of snow.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...topic=24207&hl=

C-160 Tractor

This is the link to the first snow fall of the year. The pics are actually videos just click on them. I live in Middletown,ct about 30 miles north of the Ct shore line.

Tomorrow we're suppose to get ALOT of snow.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...topic=24207&hl=

thanks man your vids are great!

I know I hear you about the snow I am watching the weather again in a min. I am just above you in MA. :banghead:

KB9LOR

Randy

Use Pledge furniture polish, that is the best stuff to use on plastic such as your cab.

C-160 Tractor
Brian don't use "paper" towels on your plastic windows, it will scratch them.

C-160 Tractor

here are a few pics to hold you over till video. (I did use same pics in video but have actual video to haha)

:banghead:

here is what I was dealing with +2 inches because I started a few hrs after these pics.

FILE0155.jpg

FILE0200.jpg

FILE0207.jpg

FILE0209.jpg

FILE0213.jpg

FILE0214.jpg

FILE0215.jpg

FILE0216.jpg

dgoyette

Fantastic video. Love the relaxing hands behind the head around the 4 min mark. In that blowing condition that cab is a so nice.

sgtsampay

Wow. Just wow. Your rig looks great ans surely throws that snow well also.

I will be going 2 stage next year, that is for sure. :banghead:

C-160 Tractor

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEqDh9wbdeE

I also Forgot to add this video in that video Above.

I deleted the 1st video because I spelled something wrong and I am anal like that... lol

C-160 Tractor

wanted to post and had no where else to post so here you can see. :thumbs:

I got a few things in the mail recently

I got these stickers in, I am wicked happy

FILE02232.jpg

FILE02242.jpg

I got this new clutch, much thicker than my original one. :ROTF:

FILE0226.jpg

this is a new headlight cover because mine was in tough shape.

FILE0224.jpg

I also picked this rod up its to adjust my lawn mower deck so it cuts level. (to replace the chain section I installed. )

FILE0227.jpg

I got this brake for the clutch as well. I bought this and the clutch so I do not have to buy a new pulley from my old clutch/brake eating it away!

FILE0223.jpg

I am still looking for the right window motor for my chute motor and an actuator still for the up and down part.

:banghead:

sgtsampay

Looks nice! Yeah, the new friction palte are way thick. Its alsome!

Also, keep a close eye on your plate as you run it, to make sure your bell isn't ozing grease out.

Your beast is going to killer!

NOTE: I know that you have a 16HP single driving the 2-stage. Do you ever stall out the motor or have issues with not enough power?

I'm asking becuase, I'm thinking about replacing my Briggs twin with a 16HP Single Briggs or Kohler because I think they are cooler, easier to maintain/work on and burns much less gas than the twin. I also think in my opoin from watching people's machines, that they have a bigger power band than a twin.

C-160 Tractor

hey Bobby, no stalling, but when I go through the thick stuff the plow makes it makes the motor chug and work a little bit. No clutch slipping though! :thumbs:

I bet I could stall it igf I took to big of a bite at it and just kept going right into the snow bank, but I pause and move and pause and move. works great!

So it is out of commission now and needs repair.

I broke a steering rod and only have one wheel steer. lol

I ordered a new one, but I am contemplating drilling out the ball end and putting a bolt through for now to get me going.

we are getting 12-22" of snow today into tomorrow and I need that thing! :banghead:

Confused99

I ordered a new one, but I am contemplating drilling out the ball end and putting a bolt through for now to get me going.

we are getting 12-22" of snow today into tomorrow and I need that thing! :banghead:

I know what I would be doing. I don't like to shovel :thumbs:

C-160 Tractor

I know what I would be doing. I don't like to shovel :thumbs:

well I just drilled out the ball socket joint and put a bolt through that and into the wheel side. should do just fine till I get the replacement. my driveway is level and I think those ball joints are allowed to flex, but not anymore with the bolt through it.

but It doesn't flex on the flat land so its all good. :hide:

i'm ready again! :ROTF: :hide:

C-160 Tractor

I still have not got around to replacing the clutch but hope to soon.

On the other hand what I could also use is a custom set of those metal poles that stick up on each side of the auger to cut the snow and have it fall down. I saw some people made some custom ones, or at least I think they where custom made.

??

Any idea on what type of metal to use to make them?

I would not want them to bend easily.?

any tips

thanks

P.S. check back in a few days I made a slow motion video really quick... showing off my new slow motion camera. lol

mr.pipes

You should be able to get some 1/4" flat stock at Home Depot. If you have an old bed frame that might work and won't cost anything. If not they are always popping up for free on Craigslist.

C-160 Tractor

what are they called, do you know the name they go by? Snow cutter things is all I got hahaha. Jk. But thanks for the tips about HD

mr.pipes

what are they called, do you know the name they go by? Snow cutter things is all I got hahaha. Jk. But thanks for the tips about HD

I believe they are called drift cutters.

C-160 Tractor

ok thanks buddy