C-160 Tractor

Got me a 2-stage blower but I'm Missing 1 part

HorseFixer

Looks perfect! I love the 'Before and After' video. Great job.

thanks Man :D

:D Brian very nice! :D I have created a BUNCH "O" SNOW CHUCKIN Monsters! :ychain: between you and sgtsampay you guys will be blowin snow into the next Zip Code in no time! :hide: you guys are getting to close to the Ole' Duke..... <_< Time for me to go out in the Garage and work on a few more Mods Ive been thinking of, Ill have you both back in the garage diggin down in your Tool Boxes! B) :D

Wheelbearing

perfect no more banana.

Operator

Brian you seem like you like rebuild projects, you should find "Wheelbearings" thread on his 520H rebuild. It is a very nice looking Horse, you wouldn't beleive it!

Randy

wh1257

nice blower instalation

C-160 Tractor

nice blower instalation

Thanks!

Today I got my Snow Cab, all though I do not have time to work on it today. :ychain:

IMG_20101223_150321.jpg

So also I wanted to ask you all how high up you adjust the snow blower blade?

Like the ski's on the side?

I have mine set so there is a 1/4" gap now.

I tested the blower today and let it slide over these cracks I have in my driveway and it was pretty good.

The cracks is what I was worried about, there is a spot where a root pushed my driveway up. I cut the root off recently but the bump is still there with a crack in the top of it.

think I will have any trouble?

thanks

IMG_20101223_120509.jpg

Operator

Just go slow over the questionable spot. 1/4" shold be ok on your concrete.

see you got snow huh?

Randy

C-160 Tractor

Just go slow over the questionable spot. 1/4" shold be ok on your concrete.

see you got snow huh?

Randy

ok cool.

Well yeah we got one inch one day then just 2 inch last night. :ychain:

More coming Sunday! :D

C-160 Tractor

it looks like we are going to get 1 to 2 feet of snow tomorrow and into Monday up here in MA. I am so excited to give the blower a good test!

here was my 1st test. I had to put snow back into my driveway to do it. lol

dgoyette

it looks like we are going to get 1 to 2 feet of snow tomorrow and into Monday up here in MA. I am so excited to give the blower a good test!

here was my 1st test. I had to put snow back into my driveway to do it. lol

Moving snow back into the driveway to blow it back out -LOL now that is funny.

Looks great. We are getting some of that storm here on the coast of Maine. I am hoping to get a video also! Can't wait to see yours. :ychain:

wh1257

nice bower instalation

C-160 Tractor

Nice! thanks!

it's snowing like a bat outa hell here!

I have a few more tweaks to do to the tractor tomorrow before i test it all out in the deep stuff. :D

:hide:

:ychain:

for all the help on here.

I know this was about my blower and it missing a piece (which has not came in yet. <_< ) but I wanted to show my snow cab installed and figured why not here.

thanks!

Little drilling of a hole here... weld a cracked tab there... and it was up

!

Had to adjust my brake and clutch because they where hitting the cab and i don't want rip[s over time. :D

IMG_20101226_154153.jpg

IMG_20101226_154204.jpg

IMG_20101226_154211.jpg

FILE0119.jpg

FILE0124.jpg

FILE0120.jpg

FILE0125.jpg

FILE0126.jpg

FILE0127.jpg

FILE0122.jpg

FILE0121.jpg

FILE0123.jpg

I think this snow cab has a little more room in it compared to the one that was made for the C-160?

This one is made for the 300,400 and 500 series.

Oh yeah and anyone know where I can get a seat with armrests in good shape?

Can you see the big gap above my hood? I am thinking of ideas seal that up?

got any?

Maybe rivet or sew some rubber on there or canvas?

Velcro to hood?

Also please try and over look my ugly paint job. lol

I took some dents out of my hood and painted it, but the paint job is crap and I decided to put that project off now till the summer.

when spray paint works best. :D

HorseFixer

Brian if you can contact original cab co they will sell you some red vinyl fabric, zippers, black edging, and clear windshield stuff. I would just take the bottom valance to a seamstress or furniture place and have them make a longer panel and sew in longer zippers to fix that area above the hood. Buy the NOVUS polish for the clear windshield to remove scratches and buy some mothers back to black and rub it all over the vinyl in and out and it will absorb the lanolin and made it more softer and pliable. I also use rainX on my windows snow beads right off and doesn't stick as easily! Your doing a good job keep up the good work fellow Snow Chucker! :ychain:

Below is a couple pictures of my snow cab before and after mine was in way worse shape than yours, I repainted the entire framework and had allot of panels mended and replaced all the zippers. Thats why I'm saying use the mothers cleaner & conditioner to soften the vinyl so it doesn't Rot and drys out! :D

Cheers Duke

WHSnowCab005.jpg

DSCN2543.jpg

C-160 Tractor

thanks for the great idea's!

I really like the back to black idea and I am in luck because I have a fresh thing of it. :ychain:

As for the windows the are in great shape and I would be happy with the way they are now. But I may use something on them to make them even better so thanks for that tip as well.

Also love the rain-x idea I have some of that I can rub that all in good too.

I think as a temporary fix for the hood section I may just sick a block of foam to my hood or something just to get me by tomorrow because of all the snow we have coming down now.

I want to light it all up and make it all pretty like yours but Rome wasn't built in a day I gotta keep telling myself. lol

BUT

I do have a strobe light i am going to try and wire up on my roof tomorrow before I chuck some snow.

The snow blizzard warning is in effect until 6 PM Monday so I have all day to tweak the tractor some more before I chuck some snow.

As long I get the ok from my pregnant wife and 1.5 year old boy. lol

but now that I think of it we are going to docs to find sex of new baby tomorrow at 3PM so all snow has to be moved and I have to be ready to go by 2PM lol

typing to much here.. :D

lol

thanks

TT

got any?

The easiest way to get the seat with armrests and fill the gap would be to buy a 520-H. :ychain:

(That could be next year's goal. :D )

Looks like you're ready for the snow....... and we'll be waiting for the pictures.

mr.pipes

Brian, Glad you got it all together with out any issues. Was anything missing? I know it's in great shape and soft still, but definitely do as Duke suggested and use something that will absorb into the material. It greatly extends the life. I buy expensive boots for work and use a product that conditions the leather on them and they feel great, look great and last much longer.

HorseFixer

I want to light it all up and make it all pretty like yours but Rome wasn't built in a day I gotta keep telling myself. lol

BUT

As long I get the ok from my pregnant wife and 1.5 year old boy. lol

but now that I think of it we are going to docs to find sex of new baby tomorrow at 3PM so all snow has to be moved and I have to be ready to go by 2PM lol

typing to much here.. :hide:

lol

thanks

Brian, Your Welcome :D Im just glad to see you take something all bent up like that and tear it all apart and fix it right!! :ychain: Its been a pleasure watching you fix and build this! Im still doing stuff to mine and it is a work in progress.

Hey congradulations on the new baby! My youngest is 27 I hope ya get the flavor you want :D but the main thing is that they come oout 100% healthy! :D

C-160 Tractor

got any?

The easiest way to get the seat with armrests and fill the gap would be to buy a 520-H. :ychain:

(That could be next year's goal. :D )

Looks like you're ready for the snow....... and we'll be waiting for the pictures.

hahaha I know right!

well this C-160 was free with repairs needed so I couldn't pass it up.

but now I got the WH fever and would like to get another FEW sometime. lol

C-160 Tractor

Brian, Glad you got it all together with out any issues. Was anything missing? I know it's in great shape and soft still, but definitely do as Duke suggested and use something that will absorb into the material. It greatly extends the life. I buy expensive boots for work and use a product that conditions the leather on them and they feel great, look great and last much longer.

Nope nothing was missing.

I did use some of my hardware from my future impeller mod project so I gotta go get some more of those now. lol

thats it.. :ychain:

thanks bro

C-160 Tractor

I want to light it all up and make it all pretty like yours but Rome wasn't built in a day I gotta keep telling myself.

C-160 Tractor

So I had a chance to test mine out today.

It worked great!

I had the blade a little high because I didn't want to buck something up on its maiden voyage. lol

Before going out I made a few changes I added a small piece of vinyl using some tie wraps to block off that hole above the hood temporarily.

It worked great and when I needed to add Gas I just slid the tie wraps up on the pole.

Also I bent the chute swivel out a little to line up with the hole in the cab and then had to make an extension for the shaft as well.

It was to far forward.

So here are some video and pictures

FILE0134.jpg

FILE0133.jpg

FILE0135.jpg

FILE0136.jpg

FILE0138.jpg

FILE0139.jpg

Don't laugh to hard at my bad driving and shifting skills.

this is going on next.

FILE0141.jpg

P.S. I was not happy to see that the wind took some of my snow away from me this morning. :ychain:

On the side of my garage it was over 1.5" but in my driveway.... 6-8 in middle and 12" on sides.

damn wind!

mr.pipes

Nice video, thanks for sharing. I almost felt like I was using mine with the POV shot. I kinda wish I had a cab today with that wind. I just don't have the height where I park the tractors for one. Someday though. It must have been like a second Christmas for you today. Glad you got everything and it's all set. TTYL

sgtsampay

Wow. Nice. That thing really did a nice job!

Great to see everything together finally.

I really can;t wait to get mine running. :ychain:

Had to use the walk behind for this storm. LOL.

Note on your video:

Is your clutch slipping at heavy load? Like I saw the blower stall but your engine was still going strong. Mabye it just me. LOL.

Also, was the cab really worth it? Like did you have any issue with seeing? I'm thinking i may have ot use a windshield wiper. but i don't know..

MalMac

You have done a fantastic job on everything. Just one word of advice, looks like you got your back panel on your cab on wrong side out. The snaps need to be on the inside. That way you won't get all kinds of snow and other gunk in the folds. But other than that I think you have done a heck of job getting everything together. Congrats. And thanks for taking us along for the restore. I really enjoyed it.

C-160 Tractor

Wow. Nice. That thing really did a nice job!

Great to see everything together finally.

I really can;t wait to get mine running. :D

Had to use the walk behind for this storm. LOL.

Note on your video:

Is your clutch slipping at heavy load? Like I saw the blower stall but your engine was still going strong. Mabye it just me. LOL.

Also, was the cab really worth it? Like did you have any issue with seeing? I'm thinking i may have ot use a windshield wiper. but i don't know..

hey thanks guys

the stalling your talking about I am not sure what you mean?

It was my 1st pass in real snow ever with this thing.

and I didn't really ask anyone how to drive it. lol

so I messed up a few times I know that.

but maybe that was my belt slipping?

also I think I may have had it in 1st gear high speed trying it out in front of camera.

but I definitely found out that it seams to blow snow best and farthest in LOW 2nd gear engine revved full tilt. lol

but that vibrated my a$$ too much lol

:ychain:

I am thinking of blowing some more of my back yard for some tests. lol

I do need a new muffler bad because people on my off road forum are saying it sounds like an airplane! lol

the cab kicks but and its a must have.

In that 1st test vid I did when I pushed the snow in my driveway together I got a face full of snow.

in these video's I didn't get to use rain-x yet because I didnt have any paper towels with me and we had to go in an hr. lol

But the snow was a blowing and so was the wind.

I had a little snow stick to my back window but the front it just blew around and didn't settle on the plastic.

I don't think a wiper would be needed at all.

when I got back from the doc appointment (it's a girl!!!) I finished my driveway and did my neighbors.

it was colder, darker, more windy, and the snow was flying all over the place. even though it wasn't snowing visibility was tough lol but I managed. no snow stuck though, just the wind took it all around the outside of the cab. but not on me. :D

Oh and before I went out for the second time I used some rain-x on the front window only.

(I ran out of dry paper towels. lol)

you need to put that stuff on a dry window.

so I will do it later on.

I'm thinking of getting another tractor now.. :/

lol

have one for snow and one for summer work. lol

WH are crazy fun...

Since I have the parts for the newer tractors I maybe looking for one like that... :hide:

Also looking to possibly buy one for me dad, but I get mixed signals from him about it.

C-160 Tractor

You have done a fantastic job on everything. Just one word of advice, looks like you got your back panel on your cab on wrong side out. The snaps need to be on the inside. That way you won't get all kinds of snow and other gunk in the folds. But other than that I think you have done a heck of job getting everything together. Congrats. And thanks for taking us along for the restore. I really enjoyed it.

thanks man!

and about the back part thanks for that too I will check on that. woops. :ychain: