Sign in to follow this  
plowmaster

k301 worth

plowmaster

hi all

i may have a buyer for my 301 motor, it runs with plenty of compression but the govener tab in the motor needs to be replaced. id like to keep the carb starter muffler electrics and pto for my other horses, but i can let the buyer hear it run before i take it out of the tractor. i just dont have time for a teardown rebuild and could use the cash for more horse parts

wondering what this unit might be worth? should i just sell it outright right off the tractor, or keep the outside parts to keep some of my other tractors alive?

this fella is looking for a rebuildable, running motor.

thanks for the help. im a bit scared....once that motor is out, it starts to get mighty easy to part out the rest of the tractor, although it does need to come out nonetheless....

Kelly

Well I just sold a running 12hp complete minus starter for $50 it had low compression, and I've sold good running need nothing engines for $200 supply and demand help dictate price.

plowmaster

thanks kelly. im trying to think what the motor is worth to me, as it sits in a complete running tractor, only needing a gov part. i would be very happy to find a runner replacement for even 300 if rebuilt, as im willing to bet thats what i would i would have in everything by the time im done with this motor including labor.

i would also be happy to pay 50 bucks for a low comp runner or 200 for a replacement.

regardless of how much compression this thing has, it still would get new rings if i was in there. i really dont think it would be worth my time to remove the motor for less than 100 bucks, as im thinking thats about what its worth to me. although, even if i needed one and had the time to rebuild it, i dont think i would give that for something needing help.

decisions decisions. maybe i should just sell the whole thing, then i wouldnt have to worry about the motor, lol

thanks for shooting me some of your prices kelly. just looking for an average. 'preciate it

jon

TT

Contrary to popular belief, you can install a governor shaft in a big block Kohler without tearing it completely apart.

WheelHorse_of_course

Well I just sold a running 12hp complete minus starter for $50 it had low compression, and I've sold good running need nothing engines for $200 supply and demand help dictate price.

The engine on my Charger came minus the carb, starter and fuel pump and cost me $69.

:D :ychain:

Polaris2007

A couple of months back I bought a nice running, complete K-321 for $150. I talked him down from $200. Athough this engine appears to not need it, it will get a complete rebuild (mostly because I love doing it), and then it will replace the 10hp Tecumseh that is in my '70 Raider 10.