cant find what or whom im looking for new to the s

wild horse

new to site and every time i key somthing in it comes back sorry cant find

Sparky

:ychain:

How can we help ya!

Mike.......

Kelly

Don't feel bad I hate using the search feature, it almost never works for me, and I've been here for a long time.

bitten

Hello and :ychain:

Dresden Guy

Maybe I can help.... when I do a RS search, e.g. - "restoration", you need to go to the search scroll box "30 days or newer" and check "older, which will look at essentially all posts dealing with "restoration". There may have only been one or two times the word "restoration" had been in a post in the last 30 days or newer, but if you choose "or older", it will find every post.

Hope this helps.... there is also a box "match exact name"..... be sure to decide if you want to limit your results to an exact match, or maybe every time a word is included in a post. When searching, remember to use quotation marks " " when using two or more words in your search - e.g. - if you want only a search for "Wheel Horse" then use the quote, otherwise you'll get every where the word "Wheel" appears and everywhere "Horse", where what you likely want is just "Wheel Horse". Do some experiments, you'll find the search function is actually quite powerful.

Sorry to be so wordy.

d180man

Hi :D some one on here will help you out just keep trying you will love it on here! :ychain: :D

pond195520032003

Hi, and :ychain:

Uncle BO

:D Just keep practicing it will fall into place :ychain::hide: :D

Horse'n Around

Howdy :ychain:

Much of the time I have trouble when I use search function, but one thing I have noticed is that I usually make the search too complicated and when I do get a result it is usually when I use a simple description with few words rather than using too many specifics,but again, it hit and miss for me.

John

wallfish

Maybe wild horse can't find this thread again either. :ychain: