Sign in to follow this  
flyovrcntry

GT14

flyovrcntry

Could someone explain to me how the solenoid works with the wire ran to the clutch switch.I just don't see how it can work,or how the clutch would get current.

Thanks Bob

scan0001.jpg

TT

The PTO switch is a DPST design, used to control two individual circuits simultaneously.

(It is wired so one circuit is off while the other is on.)

When the PTO switch is in the off position, power flows through one "side" of the switch from the "S" (Start) terminal of the ignition switch to the trigger terminal on the starter solenoid.

When the switch is moved to the "ON" position for the electric PTO clutch, power flows from the "L" (Lights) terminal on the ignition switch to the PTO clutch, but the starter circuit breaks.

This is a safety interlock to prevent the operator from starting the engine if the PTO clutch is engaged.

flyovrcntry

The PTO switch is a DPST design, used to control two individual circuits simultaneously.

When the PTO switch is in the off position, power flows through one "side" of the switch from the "S" (Start) terminal of the ignition switch to the trigger terminal on the starter solenoid.

When the switch is moved to the "ON" position for the electric PTO clutch, power flows from the "L" (Lights) terminal on the ignition switch to the PTO clutch, but the starter circuit breaks.

This is a safety interlock to prevent the operator from starting the engine if the PTO clutch is engaged.

Thanks,as you know by now the electrical part of my brain is 1 cell.

squonk

Thanks,as you know by now the electrical part of my brain is 1 cell.

In automotive and tractor terms, 1 cell = 2 volts! :D:ychain:icon_lightning.gif