Sign in to follow this  
clintonnut

Diesel D-250 puller!??!

clintonnut

I came up with a crazy idea the other day. I am planning on buying a D-250 parts tractor and want to make a puller out of it. I originally wanted to use a Kubota diesel but they are too expensive but I remembered the old VW Rabbit 1.6 diesels. I know of a few for real cheap and they have turbos and the same injector pump as my truck which I know how to modify. If I coupled this to a Cub Cadet rear it would be a sweet puller. Keep in mind not a class puller but maybe someday. In Germany they do diesel garden tractor pulling. A 1.6l diesel puts out 52hp stock and is twice the size of the gas motor originally in a D-250. I could lighten the tractor up quite a bit by removing the hydraulics, replacing the cast front axle with a tube one and the cub rear would weigh probably 75lbs less. The diesel I believe is aluminum block too. I could use the clutch off the diesel but not sure how to couple it to the cub rear. Throw me some wild ideas or crazy microsoft paint drawings!

Charlie

chris11

There is a Guy in my town that did that with a Johndeere. vw powered diesel. The Cub rear axle would have to be changed over to dodge Dart diff and axles. I have a friend that pulls with the stock 250. he has no problem with it. Hes been pulling 3 years now.