Sign in to follow this  
JimD

How do you haul em home?

JimD

Thanks for all the pics guys! Anyone else?

Sparky please, I don't wanna see the carnage of a Wheel Horse after it rolled to a stop on the highway. :thumbs:

baerpath

We I remember a guy who put his NQS stock altered on the back of his pickup," no need to tie it down it's in gear and the tailgate is up" "quote"

Ya know it hard when your fourth in line headed for home and all the guys in front of you start heading for the ditches to avoid a cub that fell off at 50mph and all you see is a cub floating in the air in front of you.

He turned it into his insuranve and they coverd it $11,000 replacement value

Duane

mowerman1193

I don't have any pictures but I hauled 2 L107 Lawn Rangers in the back on my 93 Dodge Mini van. Then I sold one on Ebay and they came to get it in a mid 80's S10 Blazer.

Kevin

jusjeepn

Yeah Jim! Between Kelly, Steven, you, Ken, Jon and myself I'd say we've moved enough tractors and equipment to fill my barn 10x over, or fill about 8 semi trailers from top to bottom. It's great having a network!

sscotsman

Minivans, SUV's, lots of trailers..even a Prius story!

But not one photo of a tractor simply driven up into the bed of a pickup truck?

:banghead:

seems that would be the most common method of all..

I guess a lot of people have trailers!

Scot

Lane Ranger

Chevy Pickup truck tp Toronto, Canada for a 1965 -1054-A (Serial # 49533) and back in 2009:

100_5473.jpg

100_5474.jpg

Old Ravens aluminum trailer for a 1964 1054 (Serial # 42416):

102_6110.jpg

102_6111.jpg

:banghead:

whfan74

Well if you see this coming down the road you know I am on my way. This trailer is primarily used to go to shows/swap meets. It measures 7x18, comes in nice and is helpful to keep things clean and free from flying rocks.

If I am on a run to pick up something or don't need to travel too far, then the 6x12 landscape trailer is hooked up instead. Much lighter and can handle a few tractors by itself.

15.jpg

Here I am getting ready for Kelly's show up in Charlotte. Up front is GerryW's tractor on it's way to be handed off to the Wheel Horse edition Honda Element. :banghead: Also parked in there is the E-141. After those two were loaded a good friend's articulated D made it's way in there. Could have probably loaded a little more, but we hand plenty of room to walk around and tie the units down. Inside of the trailer will get cleaned up.

Load.jpg

The E-141 on the landscape trailer the day it arrived in the driveway.

0702091335a.jpg

Had dad run and get a Raider 10 when he lived in Michigan. All has been sold and I am sure has been parted out.

corner.jpg

side.jpg

plowdeck.jpg

Nick

A D on the flatbed.

D002.jpg

Also the Ranger on the F450.

flatbedranger.jpg

trettig

My first RJ. Yes I was very excited. I traveled about 60 miles from Cromwell Ct. to Brookfield MA on back roads. I passed a number of cops. I was white nuckled the whole way. I felt like Columbus making the passage to America in 1492.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-12-1295437651.jpg

neil

mine goes in the back of my van at the moment i have a 40 year old lorry but that needs some workdoing to it , but it will transport tractors to shows hopefully by the summer , if funds allow me to complete all the little jobs that need doing on it.

DSC01758.jpg

and this is my 1971 Bedford Tk

DSC01617.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

T-Mo

Not a Wheel Horse, and not mine. But a Cub Cadet Original into a Honda Element.

Attached Image

post-12-1295439778.jpg

Operator

mine goes in the back of my van at the moment i have a 40 year old lorry but that needs some workdoing to it , but it will transport tractors to shows hopefully by the summer , if funds allow me to complete all the little jobs that need doing on it.

DSC01758.jpg

and this is my 1971 Bedford Tk

DSC01617.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

Is one of those "little jobs" to get those rocks out of your pasture ? :banghead: That would give the sheep more room ! Another :thumbs:

Nice truck! Use that to haul those rocks! And yet another :ROTF:

Randy

sscotsman

My first RJ. Yes I was very excited. I traveled about 60 miles from Cromwell Ct. to Brookfield MA on back roads. I passed a number of cops. I was white nuckled the whole way. I felt like Columbus making the passage to America in 1492.

Awesome! :banghead:

its funny..when you see photos of people sitting on their RJ's they look like the *teeniest tinyest* tractors..but mounted on your car like that, it looks HUGE! :thumbs:

Scot

Brrly1

Now Scot, What is so dang funny about this? No respect! While I am at it I would like to add a picture of my horse hauler it has been seen across America dragging trailers going all around, somtimes just a solo shot but nine times out of ten we are just out WHLHRSN. :banghead:

:thumbs:

100_0564.jpg

DSC00774-1.jpg

nylyon

Nice truck John!

rickv1957

Nice truck John!

Yes it is John!!! :banghead:

AMC RULES

No picts but I brought my 520 and all it's attachments home using one of those aluminum, low profile 4x9' U-Haul motorcycle trailers. Most people don't realize they rent for only $14 a day. I like 'em, drop down rear loading ramp, effortless to hook up and tow, and the best part is...you don't have to look at 'em sitting in the yard everyday. :thumbs: Oh, did I mention just $14.00? :banghead:

Ken B

I'm waitin to see if Stevebo has any pics of his haul home from the Big Show. :banghead:

C-Series14

Haul them in this...

IMG_0188.jpg

Or this...

041.jpg

Ken B

Hey Mike your Red Chevy is AWESOME!

C-Series14

Hey Mike your Red Chevy is AWESOME!

Thanks Ken...240k miles. That is my local towing truck, the sliver one does the long distance trips!

Operator

My :banghead: hauler. Taken the D-200 for a ride.

D-200ontrailer003.jpg

Randy

C-Series14

Click the "image link" once then paste here...you almost got it. First one was a "direct link"

TT

Got you a little help, Randy. :thumbs::hide:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My tractors were hauled on 45' flat trailers, my little 10' trailer, quite a few Ford pick ups, and some of them were just dropped off here by people passing through. :banghead: (kinda like stray cats, I guess :ROTF: )

Operator

You're a good man TT! Went back to PB and looked at box, yup Direct was checked!

Randy