Sign in to follow this  
charger10

42" Deck Mowing Height?

charger10

I have a 1988 252-H with a 42" deck.

My question is with it set on the highest mowing height, it cuts great, nice and even, but is seems like it still is cutting somewhat low, although I am a proponet of mowing a little high as to keep the grass thick and really green, I actually mow with the lift arm up in the travel position.

Does anyone know the postion heights on these decks in inches? The High adjustment seems to be around 2 3/4 inches.

WheelHorse_of_course

I had the same problem with my Charger 12 Deck! I am fairly certain the wheel may have worn off by as much as an inch? :whistle:

Anyway, I bought some larger wheels and todays first tests of the deck after the various mods done mentioned elsewhere and I had to lower it 1 notch from the highest setting!

Stigian

:D Charger 10 :whistle:

Those wheels and rollers on cutting decks sure do wear out.

I replace both the wheels and roller on my Raiders cutting deck (which is under my 312-8 at the mo) , i can now cut at the lowest height setting without slicing big chunks of sod out the ground :WRS:

As for cutting grass with the cutting height, highest and the lifting arm in the up position, my 312 does that as well so i guess its normal :D