CasualObserver

Most collectible/desired/rare imp or attachment?

CasualObserver

I like Ken's topic in the tractor section about thought I'd mirror it in the implement area.

What do you consider the most collectible implement or attachment? What do you want that you just can't seem to find? or What do you think is so rare that you'll never find it?

Some of my more collectible attachments that I've already found are the 4 wheel utility wagon, a front mounted reel mower for my Suburban, a front mounted Farm PTO, and a belly mounted Farm PTO (PTO-66).

I'd really like to find a Wheel Horse disc for a slot hitch, but just can't ever seem to nail one down.

And... well... I don't think there's anything I can't find if I look long enough... whether or not I'll be able to afford it when I find it.... now that's another story!

What's on you lists?

canam1991

D series Backhoe

• Like 1

Kelly

I've found most all the hard to get stuff I wanted, WH disc, sickle bar both short and long frame, front farm PTO, HY lift kits, mid grader blades both 40" and 50", tub style dump carts, factory wheel weights both front and rear, one bottom plow, mid and rear cultivators, early harrow, early to late snow blades, WH lawn roller, front mounted gen. 3000watt, snowblowers early to late, snow cab, rear weight bracket for suitcase weights, multiple sets of early and late hubcaps, HL light kits, and more damn decks that anyone will ever need.

I'd like to have a 4 wheel wagon, that I can afford.

smokin joe

I would have to say the 4-wheel wagon.Ive seen a couple but the price tag is usually to high for me. :thumbs:

• Like 2

wh500special

One of the most rare attachments has got to be the early dump cart with the swinging tailgate. I've only seen a handful of them even though very few collectors seem to be very interested in them.

The 6' rear mounted mower for the D-series is a rare bird.

If you include Allied Attachments, the Woods bush hog for the D250 and the Fairbury front PTO are hens teeth as well.

If desirability is your criteria, I think sickles are at the top of a lot of folks' lists.

Steve

Gene_S

Like Steve said, the sickle bar is my top hard to find attachment. People have them and don't want to sell them or you find one for sale and it cost way to much. I also liked Ken's post... :thumbs:

MikesRJ

The early side sickle is probably the hardest to find of the sickle mowers. I think the fronts are a little easier.

062b.jpg

061d.jpg

Finished-03.jpg

• Like 3

multihobbyguy

I am not sure how rare it is but I have not seen another one. My father saw it one day and never seen one before also, so he purchased it. Sorry I don't have a better picture of the planter.

055.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

• Like 4

evanloock

The WT-30 tiller used on the RJ-58/59 (with CC-60 clutch conversion) and Suburban 400/550 is pretty hard to come by.

Gerry w

The planter is cool! Anyone ever seen a wheel horse chipper/shredder? Didn't they make wood splitters too?

Duff

Gerry, I don't think :) made a wood splitter, but some of our members here have fabbed up some pretty impressive aftermarket units to work with their tractors as I recall.

Duff :thumbs:

TT

The WT-30 tiller used on the RJ-58/59 (with CC-60 clutch conversion) and Suburban 400/550 is pretty hard to come by.

In case some of you are doing a little :thumbs: , this is what Eric is talking about:

WHCCshow2008083.jpg

WHCCshow2008080.jpg

Photo courtesy of ? - displayed at the 2008 WHCC show.

• Like 2

Gerry w

Gerry, I don't think :wh: made a wood splitter, but some of our members here have fabbed up some pretty impressive aftermarket units to work with their tractors as I recall.

Duff :thumbs:

Thanks Duff,

Must have looked like factory units! I just remember wishing I could find one at that time!

Gerry :)

baerpath

The planter is cool! Anyone ever seen a wheel horse chipper/shredder? Didn't they make wood splitters too?

There was one made for WH by Bark Buster. It was a screw type.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=150141

Duane

C-Series14

Here is a Mighty Mac Shredder made by Amerind-MacKissic.

C-161chipper.jpg

• Like 1

bk-scouter

A front mounted E-Z Rake PTO driven thatcher. I think this would be really cool to have. I've only seen one, and it was on Ebay recently...

ThatcherE-ZRAKE100.jpg

-BK

• Like 1

whfan74

I don't know how collectible it is to everyone but here is one of my cherished attachments.............

Trailer2.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Here is a Mighty Mac Shredder made by Amerind-MacKissic.

C-161chipper.jpg

Wondering if this is functional? How well does it work? :thumbs: Looks pretty amazing.

Forest Road

Mine works better than I'd hoped. Although I would've preferred the original style mounting hardware. This is serving me well.

100819_3121.jpg

neil

Does anyone own a set of gang mowers for RJ35, I would love to see set of these

Terry M

I wouldn't mind someday finding a side mount sickle cutter for my 606. (if there is such a thing for that model)   I really liked the looks of Denny's at the Jacksonville, IL show last year.

But those seem to be few and far between in Minnesota......   And probably too expensive for my budget. 

cheesegrader

I've been looking for a sweepster front broom for years.

I've seen a couple, but they seem to sell the instant they come up.

The new 12 and 16 HP McKissick chippers are still belt driven, and the working end looks identical to the old front mount models.

They come up for sale here regularly, with blown motors.

With crude welding skills and just a few bucks, they can be salvaged to run off the Wheel Horse PTO.

Edited by cheesegrader

boovuc

My opinion the sickle-bar mowers that are fully functional are the most sought after attachments followed by the mid-mount graders then the ground engagement implements. These are not the rarest but I seem to see more requests for them as opposed to the rarer implements mentioned above and some of them are just way to cool. 

prondzy

I enjoy my WH spike harrow drag but would love to find a WH seeder or thermo fogger or air compressor or any of the allied attachments really( the earlier the better)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Rock farmer

I think a set of cultivators (front and rear) would be cool!

I have a mid mount grader blade. Two actually, one home made and one 50".

The guy that sold it to me thought it was a snow blade. It's the most useful tool in my opinion.

Others makes offered them. But, I've never seen one of another brand.

I also have a Mighty Mac chipper. But, it's in tough shape.

Will need some serious fab work.

Joe

• Like 1