Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

DOWN FORCE ARM FOR FRONT BLADE

illinilefttackle

:whistle: Ok Guys-I have some dirt and gravel I want to move and you probably remember, my knees keft their best days on the gridiron, SO-I want to use my front blade to move it around.

My blade is lifted by the Hydro by a chain. Check my thinking on this:

I disconnect the chain, put the bellcrank in the full up position-raise blade to full up postion-block it there, then measure the distance from the hole in the bellcrank to the hole in the plate on the blade arm.

Then make a steel arm with the holes drilled the right distance apart-then attach at both ends with bolts.

Correct? please and some ideas/pics if you can-Thanks-AL :WRS:

MaineDad

Al,

They make that part. It's called a long lift link. I can find the part number.

illinilefttackle

Mainedad-my blade is a modified Jacobsen 42 inch tilt blade-I was using the same arm that picks up the deck-to pick up the blade-is that OK? I did that because it extends forward and it gives a little mechanical advantage in lifting the blade.

AL :whistle:

glenn27

Let me scratch around in my box out in the garage--and see if I have one--it might be off an older tractor-but will work..

I'll holler back @ ya! :whistle:

T-Mo

I also want to find one for my C-141 Automatic. Down pressure would be nice. TT gave me the instructions on how to make one, let me see if I can find it.....

T-Mo

Okay, here's the thread I was looking for. TT gives some good instruction on how to measure and make one of the links:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...l=down+pressure

glenn27

Sorry--I didn't post back on this--I thought I had a decent used one, but it must have gone w/ the last tractor.. :whistle: ...I'll look some more this week...