Sign in to follow this  
Forest Road

Swapped! 520 H for a 314 H

Forest Road

I want to thank a bunch of your for your info and opinions. I picked up a really clean 96 anniversary edition 520 H w/ Snow cab and singlestage blower awhile back. I had planned to use it upstate for cleanup of the plowman. Either that or pay for a backhoe to come move the white junk once or twice a season. I had it at my friend's shop for the governor. He took a real liking to it. Some time ago he took a waxed 94 314H in on trade w/ an unused mid mount grader, 42" RD, and a singlestage blower. If you didn't know any better you'd have thought it was all purchased with in the last wo years. Well he just swapped me the tractor w/ the deck for my 520.

I really like the simplicity and long life span of the Kohlers.

Thanks for all of your valued information!

hodge

Some pictures would be enjoyed...

Horse Fanatic

Congrats, but I don't think you had to be afraid of the Onan. My mowing tractor is Onan powered and never a problem. (but of course I change the oil and make sure grass clippings don't accumulate in the blower housing).

Forest Road

It was an entertaining exchange of machines. Neither one of really care which machine we ended up with. We wanted them for snow removal. My friend at his shop and me at the vacation house. But I really like the simple long lasting Kohler. Hopefully we move and get a large enough piece of property to put that 42" RD to work. It'll be hanging out in storage for the time being.

WH520H003.jpg

This is how I got it. Complete w/ cab and blower.

WH520H002.jpg

101025_3720-1.jpg

Here's the short lived 520H . 109 hours.

101025_3721.jpg

101113_3714.jpg

The 314 w/ 42" RD. 165 hours.

101113_3716.jpg

The 314 w/ air horns. The PO even installed them w/ a relay.

101023_3726.jpg

The blower came w/ the 520.

bustedglass

Nice swap :thumbs: .

Forest Road

So here's the 520 I swapped last fall w/ some fresh paint. My friend is a long time Toro dealer and is using this at his house. He use to rave about his old Cub Cadet w/ single stage. Not anymore the 520 blew him away!

Fresh paint, a new fuel sending unit, a couple gauges, decals from Vinyl guy and....

Tims520.jpg

Tims5205.jpg

Tims5204.jpg

Tims5203.jpg

Tims5202.jpg

Tims5201.jpg

corn53

:wh: both tractors look awesome!!!! :thumbs: