Sign in to follow this  
wheel857

new puller question

wheel857

:wh: ok here is a fast question i would like an unbiased answer for. :) i have 2 857 and am will ing to keep them if this works out. but i have heard from several ppl that a cub will out pull a horse do to the shaft drive in the cub. also the weight and frame is better in the cub "so i have heard" i am verry new to pulling and will be pulling in the pure stock class to start the season this own coming year. to help prove your statement try to use facts as all i get is this and that from the cub guys doesnt matter to me as i have 4 each of both tractors :thumbs:

JMW

Well....I can't give you facts,but my 10 yr old son and I are building a puller for him and we expect to kick some cub butt this season! If you look through this site you will find that a Wheelhorse will pull with anything if you put some time and thought into it.Not to mention that they are cheaper to build and maintain.Not for nothing but the raider we are building for my boy was only a 10 horse and i pulled my plow truck(7500lbs.)with a locked brake about 350yrds.!!!!Good luck with whatever you choose. Jim.

chris11

I have been pulling all summer with a 582 cub. and did very well. But i have seen the wheelhorse to some ass kicking too. i have both Cub and wheelhorse. We pull on concrete with slicks.

Bill

Well I pull Both a Cub and a wheel Horse.. in the stock class in our club I do very well with the wheel horse I'm running 26x12x12's tru_powers and a little bit of Eng work.. and the WH will alway finish in the top 3, The cub 532 on the other hand pulls in our Super stock class and does Very well but also it weights in at twice the weight of the WH

As far as my WH pulling in our club against cubs in same class I will always out pull them unless something breaks...

But as far as My cub Pulling against a WH in our super stock class The cub will always out pull the WH.

BTW we Pull a stone boat

Bill

I have been pulling all summer with a 582 cub. and did very well. But i have seen the wheelhorse to some ass kicking too. i have both Cub and wheelhorse. We pull on concrete with slicks.

Now that sounds like fun.. "concrete with slicks" :thumbs:

chris11

The last fair we pulled at 2 wheelhorses in the 1800lb class where 1 and 2. A d250 and a b80 i think. Wayne would know his wheelhorses always do good. stone boat pulling with slicks. this is my cub cadet.

chris3.jpg

baerpath

Doesn't matter how you get the power to the rear wheels as long as it gets there.

Having typed that, I will say a stock 8 pinion is stronger than a cub rear. We'

ve pulled for over 10yrs and thats my feeling about cubs. The stock ring and pinion is a very weak part.

Our club percentage wise is mainly WH from 8hp through 20hp.

Duane

wheel857

bill, what consist of a little engine work? and is my engine to small at 8hp? i allways love being the underdawg and doing well with less. but thats not to say i would want to pull at the bottom 8hp and not do as well. noone wants to finish last. allso is the 857 a good starting tractor? anyone can answer these questions as they are not intended for one person. thank yall joey

allso is anyone neer asheville nc as to where i could come see there setup?

Bill

bill, what consist of a little engine work? and is my engine to small at 8hp? i allways love being the underdawg and doing well with less. but thats not to say i would want to pull at the bottom 8hp and not do as well. noone wants to finish last. allso is the 857 a good starting tractor? anyone can answer these questions as they are not intended for one person. thank yall joey

allso is anyone neer asheville nc as to where i could come see there setup?

Well Joey it's a Kt-17 Series 2 that has just been bored out when I rebuilt it.. As far as that 8hp that your thinking about using, it really depends on how your club class's the tractors together I would think. As far as our club (and I can't speak for anyone elses club on here) we class our tractors together by Horsepower and tired size. So yes in our club your 8 hp would be just fine because you would be pulling with other tractors with the same Horsepower. check with your local club and see how they class there tractors together. The 857 is a nice tractor to start with and see if you like pulling. (again just my thoughts on it)

Bill

Nice looking 582 you have there Chris... I would love to try that slicks on concrete that you guys do :thumbs:

IM001411-1.jpg

My 582

IM001407.jpg

My Wife pulling with my Wheel horse

chris11

Bill ill let you know when we start up again. Would love to have you come up and try. Ill set you up with tires.My buddy has a d250 with slicks too.

Bill

Bill ill let you know when we start up again. Would love to have you come up and try. Ill set you up with tires.My buddy has a d250 with slicks too.

Thanx Chris, I don't think the Pit bulls I have on my cub would work very well on the concrete

WHC-125

:wh: I see my C-125 in the backround of the second pic :thumbs: And yes Bill is right his Cub does do well but when something breaks its all over :)

Bill

:wh: I see my C-125 in the backround of the second pic :thumbs: And yes Bill is right his Cub does do well but when something breaks its all over :)

Ohh yes and it does break!!! lol

WHC-125

It broke an axle that day too :thumbs: