Sign in to follow this  
fireman29

WHICH ONE?

fireman29

:thumbs: I HEARD THERE WAS 2 KIND OF ENGINE THAT GOES ON A RJ-35 , IS THERE A WAY TO KNOW WICH ONE GOES ON MINE.(A TAG, A NUMBER ANYTHING ???) :wh: :)

stevasaurus

actually there are 3 engines that could be on a RJ35. 1. 2.5 hp Briggs 2. 3.5 hp K90 Koehler 3. 3.6 hp B-1200 Clinton I am not sure how you would know which one you should have, but someone will know here. :thumbs:

fireman29

:thumbs: OK NOW I AM MORE MIX UP THAN BEFORE :):wh: 'CAUSE RIGHT NOW I'VE GOT A 2.5 BRIGGS ON IT (BEEN THERE SINCE I WAS A KID)

TT

:)

If the tractor originally had the 2.5hp Briggs, that would make it an RJ-25.

Get some pictures and post them here - then we can try to de-confuse you. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Oh Oh I think I just learned something. :) Yep, I missed the 25...35 thing looking at the fine print on the chart. Sorry :thumbs:

So to correct my above post:

RJ25 has the 2.5 Briggs RJ35 has either the 3.5 Kohler or the 3.6 clinton

Brrly1

If I remember correctly the rj25 was the first rj built in 1955. It came out oringinally with the 2 1/2 horse Briggs motor. I am sure I might be wrong but if I am someone will correct me. I had forgot about that until TT brought up that suggestion. I had heard this a few years back from a guy that has a few of these. See Ya, Bye Burly :thumbs:

:)

stevebo

If you hvae a RJ25 it will be the first one that I have seen (after you post pics)... Very rare tractor ! :thumbs: