Hers's my 1959 RJ59

5162578083_7db4b68ca4_b.jpg

buckrancher

#1 701

#2 RJ58

#3 854

:thumbs: my favorites

CasualObserver

The RJ's and suburbans are great but do not have the power to do any work.

My favorite, is my 99% original 1960 Suburban 400, and it does plenty of work... handles my little in-town driveway in a Minnesota winter!

snowplow1.jpg

And gets yard work done the rest of the year.... and the best part is... 4HP uses VERY LITTLE gas!

mulch2.jpg

:thumbs: oh... and for storage... that Suburban fits IN the wagon. Win/win on storage space!

Beyond that, it's a toss-up between the 701 and 603, because they're both very unique models, and have a lot of parts that are specific to only their model.

jackpot21n

I really like that suburban CasualObserver. It looks perfect with the plow. Does it work good for plowing?

I may have to replace the 1057 for one of these (with a plow of course).

CasualObserver

It actually does pretty well. It's light enough to be maneuverable, and with most of the weight being on the rear it get's fairly good traction. Not ideal for deep snow but does ok to about 6 inches or so, and I do occasionally supplement with my trusty old Wheel Horse Trailblazer snow thrower to clean out the city plow junk at the end of the driveway.

jackpot21n

It actually does pretty well. It's light enough to be maneuverable, and with most of the weight being on the rear it get's fairly good traction. Not ideal for deep snow but does ok to about 6 inches or so, and I do occasionally supplement with my trusty old Wheel Horse Trailblazer snow thrower to clean out the city plow junk at the end of the driveway.

Nice :)

The trailer is sweet too. Especially like you said you can park the tractor inside. Really cool setup!!! :thumbs:

Cleaverkid

Since this is still an active thread and we're still voting, I can't go without throwing my vote to the 854. I must admit I've never been exposed to any of the other models, but since I own an 854 (Howard) that's been in the family almost from new. My grandfather (Howard) bought it when I was too young to remember and Grandma gave it to me a couple of years after he died.

As far as I know, the only things that aren't original on this tractor are the battery (obviously) and the steering wheel, which has been destroyed twice, first by a tornado and then by my own stupidity. Howard has NEVER let me down or been too weak to do anything I've asked her to do.

One of these days I'd like to restore him, but he never likes to sit long enough to clean behind the ears!

stevasaurus

I like all the round hoods...more so the front engine ones. Here ya go Nick, the 702 and the 502:

2008_0723roundhood70219620005.jpg

2009_11105020006.jpg

dandan111

I like my 654,its the only round hood I have.

Attached Image

post-3-1289421327.jpg

Gene_S

Nice tractors guys... :thumbs:

fabricator2009

:thumbs: I like front engine round hoods.

Rollerman

I like the 401's...my father had one & it's the first model/type I drove as a kid.

I also think the driveability of the 60/61 Suburbans makes them more user friendly & funner to drive than the earlyer models.

My 401 is stored away & doesn't see much sunlight, but I do get a lot of seat time on my 67 Lawn Ranger "round hood" & like it a lot too.

dclarke

the 701 is my favorite, but i like all the round hoods.

taycotrains

I like all my round hoods....

Image073.jpg

but my 401s are my favorites.....

P1050128.jpg

P1040859.jpg

BT

jackpot21n

Nice tractors everyone!!! :thumbs:

taycotrains, I think I see some empty space on that lawn for some more tractors. :)

I think I am liking the suburbans. I like the mid engines and the solid front! Really neat and tough looking tractors with ag's.

Suburban 550

My favorite. :thumbs: One I wanted for a long time.

IMG_0408.jpg

WH Raider10

I really like the rj 58,but unfortunatly we don't have them in Belgium. :):wh: :thumbs:

wh1257

nice tractors guys .

I would like an rj 58 to this would be very rare in belgium

hcminis

Well, my favorite right now is the 550. Restoring a 401 that should be almost completely original.

DSC02659.jpg

octfst

Mine is the 753 I grew up on one. we lived on 8 1/2 ac mowed about 3 ac with a 32" deck. It was the only tractor we had. had snowplow,one bottom plow, disck, cultervators we did everything with that tractor.

HorseFixer

I like all of mine and have a total of 15 but I would say my favorite is the one on the top left a 701 with HY2 installed with BugeYes this tractor is presently tore down in restoration mode. 2nd would be my 704 (not shown) and kinda a toss up with all the other RJ's.

RoundHoods002.jpg

• Like 1

rickv1957

Really nice tractors guys,I like them all!! :thumbs: Rick

TJ

654: you just can't beat the user friendly power of a Tecumseh. :thumbs:

IMG_0076.jpg

Actually, since I put a new float in the carb. and it has quit puking gas, it is the best running motor I've got.

Tom

neil

DSC01498.jpg

This is my favorite round hood

i had it shipped from usa to united kingdom

cost a fortune in shipping costs & customs charges

But i intend to keep this one for years so it will be worth the expense

Neil From UK

Indy w h

Well here's a few

e00203bc.jpg

Indy