Sign in to follow this  
jackpot21n

Favorite round hood

jackpot21n

I have been eying up the round hoods lately. I might put my 1057 up for trade...

Just woundering what everyones favorite model is and why. Pictures would be great too!!!

Sparky

Well I sold my 701 a few years :thumbs: back but thats my vote for favorite. With the solid front grill and the double belted starter/gen and footrests shaped likes the soles of yer shoes it was sorta unique.

Mike..........

squonk

My 704 and the 604 i had as a kid in my avatar. :):thumbs:

DSCF0747.jpg

• Like 1

Horse'n Around

Im partial to the 702, but when it comes down to it, I dont think that you could go wrong with any Roundhood , they are just plain classy :thumbs:

John

Jim_M

I'm partial to 854's for some reason.

grnlark

My RJ35 for sure

Attached Image

post-3-1289260377.jpg

puddlejumper

I'm partial to 854's for some reason.

Yea I have the remains of a 34e and I think I would be Interested in a 854,Kind of like my 701 Still a round hood but enough differences to make it more unique than the others.

But hey I am so eat up with the disease I want them all. At least one of each. :thumbs: Taking donations to build a pole barn. :)

TT

I like all of the front-engined / Kohler-powered '61 to '64 models, but the 633 and 704 models are my favorites. (no batteries to go dead :thumbs: )

• Like 1

sorekiwi

For me its the 60-62 models, they lost something when they went to the "new" front axle.

jackpot21n

My RJ35 for sure

WOW that thing is unbeilevable!

Ken B

While the RJ's are always a favorite, I like to work my tractors. The 604-854 round hoods are my favorites, they are great for cutting the grass, pushing dirt and or snow. I also posted a video for you to watch. Are you looking to replace your 1057 with a round hood to put to work?

55hp727.jpg

55hp726.jpg

854WH

i do im guilty i like all the round hoods

but if i had to choose i would pick the 854

DMK855

I really like my 552 and 702!! But I am partial to the square hood short frame tractors myself....... :thumbs:

• Like 1

jackpot21n

Well just tossin the idea of a trade around. But yes I would prob want to work it. A deck and a plow is prob all I'd want. Would the rj accomidate a plow? What about a blower?

wh79d160

I love my new 702. I'll post some pics when I get all the belts replaced w/red ones. Ken, I have holes in my hood @ about the same place your headlamps are. Are those a/m or OEM. I was told the factory H/lmps were the bugeyes on V bracket, but I have never actually seem any of those on a tractor. I like the looks of yours. Your whole tractor is :thumbs::) for that matter.

OnlyRedInMyShed

I agree Sparky. The 701 is king!

Brrly1

I guess my favorite round hood would be my 57 rj's I guess I am kind of partial to them because they are alot of fun to cruise around on. Every so often a 56 sneaks in but they are just as much fun. See ya, Bye

Burly :thumbs:

:)

DSC03963.jpg

DSC03964.jpg

JUSS10

being that i have 5 different models (make that HAD 5) i was always partial to my 704. it was my first round hood, no battery or electric so it was simple. plus i liked the wider front end. since that was sold my 603 is my new favorite. it has a k-181 pull start swapped in. i think liked those models due to the hood design since it was rounded by the steering wheel. reminds of an older farmall i guess...

Gene_S

I'm pretty partial to my 702... I also have a 653 that will be on the "for sale" block soon...

854WH

i dont mean to brag but every job i get for my 854 it gets it done,im sure thats with all wheelhorses,they are very versital machines

heres a pic :thumbs:

854wood.jpg

wheelly

I would have to say my 754. It has been working since my grandfather bought it new.

Indy w h

Well it's gotta be the 603,701,702,753,754,854

Those are my favorites. Oh yeah I'm a round hood junkie

Indy

MikesRJ

Definitely the RJ-58 for me. If for no other reason than I own one ... :thumbs:

RJ-58x800.jpg

• Like 1

Kelly

I like the 701 and 702 don't get me wrong I like all the front engined round hoods, but I like the alum. gas tanks, the early front axle, and kohler power.

stevebo

I really do like the RJ's. From a standpoint of a rider for just riding it I would say this onecover-1.jpg

For the pure looks I like the RJ35 Like Matts and this one

Beforecover.jpg

In progressA1.jpg (need to just finish the hood and lift lever)

And my 56 all original with replacement motor44444-1.jpg

These RJ35's are are very hard to drive as they are slow and way too light in the front so on any sort of incline you cannot steer. If you do not have the "optional" brake kit it will freewheel on hills and you cannot stop.

If you are looking to do any kind of work I agree you will need at least the 700 series like the 701/702 753 or larger front engine mounted machines. The RJ's and suburbans are great but do not have the power to do any work. Good luck-

• Like 1