Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Scrap Out Tractors

CHARGER9AUTO

I hate to offend other people on this forum. but my tractor junk yard is over crowded my mother wants me to tear them down and keep the frames , transmissions for money the rest is to sell for scrap sheet metal what ever it is worth in $ $ . Ben :whistle:

rustyoldjunk

do you have any round hood parts?

Kelly

Post some pic's of what you have, I'm sure someone will want something, I'm always looking

Mith

Ben, I've just done the same thing (spared the big wheelhorses though).

You wont get much money for the sheet, but gearboxes sell well, as do engine parts. More effort than it was worth to try and make money in scrap, it would have cost me more to get it to the scrap yard than I would have been paid, but with you guy's cheap fuel it might pay you to cart it to the scrap yard.

CHARGER9AUTO

do you have any round hood parts?

I have no round hood parts . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Post some pic's of what you have, I'm sure someone will want something, I'm always looking

Yeah. Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben, I've just done the same thing (spared the big wheelhorses though).

You wont get much money for the sheet, but gearboxes sell well, as do engine parts. More effort than it was worth to try and make money in scrap, it would have cost me more to get it to the scrap yard than I would have been paid, but with you guy's cheap fuel it might pay you to cart it to the scrap yard.

Mith, I will have to think about that to tear down some of my tractors . Ben

Dave

I just found out I need an oil drain plug. Right now I have a pipe with a cap on it. That can't be original.

Jim_M

I just found out I need an oil drain plug. Right now I have a pipe with a cap on it. That can't be original.

Dave,

The pipe with the cap is probably original. They did it so you can drain the oil into a pan without having it run down the frame and drip everywhere.

Jim

BairleaFarm

I wouldnt send any of it to the scrap yard. I think most everything would sell.

Dave

Dave,

The pipe with the cap is probably original. They did it so you can drain the oil into a pan without having it run down the frame and drip everywhere.

Jim

That makes sense. Now I just have to get it so that the pipe stays in and the cap comes off. :whistle:

I think what I drained out was the original oil. Thick and black. I poured some diesel through the engine until it came out clean - about a gallon. Then I put a quart of oil in it, ran it for a few minutes, and I'll change that tomorrow.

CHARGER9AUTO

I wouldnt send any of it to the scrap yard. I think most everything would sell.

Yeah I will take some parts tractors at the show then see if any of them sells . Ben

jerrell

:WRS: hello, i am looking for a wireing harness for a 17hp kohler, C175, spec#24200, Kt17s, i just bought this machine and the person who rebuilt it cut and spliced every wire under the hood, also i washed the engine and it won't start now, does this macine have points or newer electonic ignition, there are two modules on the engine i have no idea what they are but wires from the switch goes to them, one is located on the right side of engine under the carb. the other is mounted under the coil and connected to the condenser, i guess if it has a condenser it has to have points somewhere, also where could i get a repair manual for this machine, thanks in advance, jerry, jerrell.caskey@sbcglobal.net

:whistle:

CHARGER9AUTO

:WRS: hello, i am looking for a wireing harness for a 17hp kohler, C175, spec#24200, Kt17s, i just bought this machine and the person who rebuilt it cut and spliced every wire under the hood, also i washed the engine and it won't start now, does this macine have points or newer electonic ignition, there are two modules on the engine i have no idea what they are but wires from the switch goes to them, one is located on the right side of engine under the carb. the other is mounted under the coil and connected to the condenser, i guess if it has a condenser it has to have points somewhere, also where could i get a repair manual for this machine, thanks in advance, jerry, jerrell.caskey@sbcglobal.net

:whistle:

I have no wire harness for your C-175 17 HP tractor . Ben