Sign in to follow this  
Coadster32

200+ HP Log Splitter

Coadster32

Well I got this idea from a post I read a while back. I bought a Stickler log splitter and hooked it up to my truck. I split prob. 2 chords today pretty darn quick. Here are a couple of pics, and a short video.

DSCF4202.jpg

You take the tire off, and bolt on this cone. It has an agressive screw end on it.

DSCF4196.jpg

Exhaust setup so I don't get choked out. Pic looks like the truck smokes bad, but it doesn't smoke at all.

th_DSCF4195.jpg

All in all, it was pretty cool. I split in 1st gear, and blocked the throttle under the hood to about 1300rpm. Gotta keep the drive tire on the ground, then the limited slip drives the unit. I tried in second gear, and actually stalled the truck once. :thumbs:

A little over $200 for the splitter and adapter plate for the truck delivered to my door. No carbs to clean, and easy to store. If I get another truck, I can just buy another adapter plate. The end is replaceable if something happends. I am liking it! :)

multihobbyguy

Please be careful, It looks like it works great. But it also looks like it could grab a sleeve or a glove and hurt you. Be careful and have fun with your new tool. Chris.

fireman

That's pretty cool Chris! Could you bolt that to one of your tractor hubs?

wallfish

That is a cool setup Chris.

Raider

Years ago we used one of those on a Chevy Suburban and decided there were too many good ways to get gored, mangled, beaten, torn and crushed. Be careful with that!

ducky

too many good ways to get gored, mangled, beaten, torn and crushed. Be careful with that!

u could say that about a chain saw. and regular log splitters. it danglers no matter what.

cool idea and less space than a spilter. :thumbs: :)

kajamo240
too many good ways to get gored, mangled, beaten, torn and crushed.

Gene_S

Chris thats pretty cool. The only draw back for me would be I wouldn't want to be on my knees for several hours. Maybe I could dig a pit and stand in there and split wood.

Coadster32

Yeah, it's a bit dangerous. But like anything else, if you understand what to watch out for and respect it, you're pretty much good. The first two inches of the point are threaded pretty roughly to suck the wood it. The rest of it is just a smooth cone to open it up. Being that I stalled the truck out in second gear, I don't think a tractor could handle it. My nephew of 14 helped out with the moving of the wood. I didn't let him near the splitter. I was kneeling on two thick plush pcs of carpet. Another up side is that I doubt anyone would ask me to borrow it.

Whenever he flicks someone off, thats like slapping them across the face with a stack of twenties! Haha!

Not sure if I should laugh or not, but that sounds pretty funny to me. A toolmaker at work has 1/2 finger missing. When you ask him what time he's leaving, he holds up his hand and says 4:30 :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Sweet mother!

Now is that 200+ at the wheels or the back of the crank? :thumbs:

KC9KAS

Nice, but dangerous!

I've done a LOT of dumb stuff, and I wouldn't even use that!

Don't bend over and get your Levi's caught!

ThePartsGuy

Yikes! :thumbs: yeah no kidding..be careful with that!

I made a splitter this year also. Fits on the front of my skidsteer...You dont even need to get off it. Simply drive up to the log and split it. cant stop it! actually i broke the I beam last night! Im using a ram off of a 950E cat loader lol

Attached Image

post-12-1289204763.jpg