Sign in to follow this  
bargainbin2

Workhorse 700 help needed

bargainbin2

I could use a little help on my 700 the belt from the engine to the deck will not slip that of course lets the blades turn all time. It was like this when I bought it and it sredded that belt now a new belt and it still will not slip. Is there a belt guide missing or something? A couple pictures sure would be good from anyone that has a 700.

392908267.jpg :thumbs:

oldwhman

Assuming the belt and pulleys are the correct size..........there should be a wire pin bolted to the side of th engine block near the drive pulley. With the deck belt engaged the pin should just miss rubbing the flat side of the belt. When you disengage the belt the pin rubs the backside of the belt and creates a friction stop for the belt. You can test this with a broom handle. Just push it slightly against the flat side of the belt with the clucth disengaged, and engine running, the belt should stop

bargainbin2

I had and ideal it was something like that, there is a threaded hole in the side of the block about 3 inches away from the pulley but this in not the engine that came on it. It has an 8 horse B & S now. I know there is enough room for the belt to slip it is only making it do it. :thumbs: