Sign in to follow this  
navkram

stretched wheel horse

navkram

ok after many years of sitting in my brothers shop, and me getting the wh bug, and after talking about scotts meet and greet to my brother, he made the comment about the pulling tractor that he and my dad built many years ago, I can remember when i was around 10 years old going to tractor pulls and having a blast and remember this tractor.

it has sat for at least 25 years, dn of course parts have been taken off. Just picked it up yesterday, I am now looking for a holley 2300 2 barrel 350cfm carb to put back on the custom intake that they fabricated, found the electric fuel pump, and the gas tank was used on my nephews go cart, so I need to find another square fuel tank tank thank mounts at the front.

MAn I cannot wait to find the parts and hear the twin come to life.

IMG_20101024_164121.jpg

IMG_20101024_164137.jpg

Vinylguy

That is a way cool tractor!!

My buddy and i are bikers of course so we are thinking of making a wheel horse trike.

still in the " throwing ideas around stage" but this tractor gives us some ideas.

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Call it Stretching the Limits?

Roger from southern Iowa

Looks like fun!!

A little of your favorite red paint and it will be looking great. :thumbs:

wheelhorse656

look on holleys website they should have one :thumbs:

navkram

Yes,holley still makes them lots of places online sell them, but I think they changed them and now they are gold plated for what they want for a new one.

I was told that some older fords used the holley 2 barrel I am not a ford guy so I don't know what to look for? Anyone out there know fords????

MArk

chris11

looks preat wild. good luck. :thumbs:

mavfreak

just about all '70s to mid 80s small block fords ran holly type carbs some straight sixs and v sixs ran the two barrels not sure of cfm's. careful of some of the 80s carbs off car and some trucks cause there computer controlled. Start at the junk yard and see what you turn up.

Buy the way what engine is in that?

And man that looks awesome!

AMC RULES

NOS Holley 2300. #4517-1 in original box with paperwork. :wh:

Picture1789.jpg

Picture1790.jpg

Picture1791.jpg

Never mounted on an engine, make an offer. :thumbs: :)

Coadster32

That thing is nice looking! :thumbs:

navkram

the motor is a Onan 20 hp twin.

I can remember when it was running everyone at the pulls had elaborate starting system like hand held starters on the flywheel and would spin the motor with them popping and hard starting. Dad and brother as you can see this is simple rope, wrap it and pull first pull it would start and run nice and smooth, I cannot wait to get this running I will get a video of the awesome sound.

one thing that happens with the high rpm is it pukes oil out the breather, the braided line that goes from the breather to the stack at half track it would start slinging oil out and into the stack and you guessed it it would smoke like a diesel.

I wish I had a video of them pulling back then.

maybe there is a class still that i can do next year.

MArk

VinsRJ

What a great project..... any pics of it back in the day? I know there wasn't digi back then but it would be cool to see.

chris11

Have you got it running yet? I would try finding a starter for it. Both of mine take a bit to start. I do have the timing bumped up to.

navkram

Just found the carb.... things are looking better, on a top shelf @ dads shop.

wheel horse 312

:D hi (navkram) is that a old sear craftsman in the back ground in your first pic i have an old sears craftsman that looks like that but it has a fiberglass body on it that looks like a old car :ychain: :D

rickv1957

Great looking puller there,have fun!! :ychain: Rick

wheelhorse656

if you have it running now :D:D:hide: and a video or two! :D:ychain: good luck!