Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

Headlight switch for my raider 10

Horse'n Around

Is there a source for the headlight switch on my Raider 10? The one that is in it right now does not work. Its hot on the one terminal but no matter which way it gets switched the other side is dead. After reading SOI's thread on the rectifier I have the urge to see if I can get the switch apart without breaking it and see if I can repair it.I sure cant hurt it at this point thats for sure :)

I looked on the vendors page and didnt see anyone that sells them. if anyone knows where I can get one please let me know. If I have to I will just try to find somewhere that sells rocker switches like it and see if I can find one that is real close that will fit the opening in the dash.

Thanks,

John

Save Old Iron

After reading SOI's thread on the rectifier I have the urge to see if I can get the switch apart without breaking it and see if I can repair it.I sure cant hurt it at this point

Go for it John,

that's half the reason I do those threads is to spark a little curiosity in folks to investigate the smaller, finer details of our hobby.

I have an old one is my spares box that is mechanically jammed. I was thinking of doing the same thing. Give me a day or so to look at it and I'll see how feasible an attempt at a fix might be. Sometimes, as you have seen on the ignition switch autopsy, there are broken parts inside. Simply spraying contact cleaner inside the switch may not be of any real value.

DMK855

John, I had looked at some switches online for my Charger and came up with a Cole Hersee 56000-01. I have not ordered one yet as it has not made it to the list yet!! If you could measure yours, you night be able to see if that will fit your needs.

http://www.elecdirect.com/product/7c0a2a7d...a1d2c2c126.aspx

Dwayne

Horse'n Around

Thanks for the help finding these switches.I looked at the Cole Hersee website and the 56000-02 switch with the bright finished bezel matches the one in my Raider. There are two size bezels with this type rocker switch, the 56000-1 is the narrow bezel (1.57"x .90') and the 56000-02 (1.12"x1.75") is the wide bezel so I broke out my caliper and measured the one that came with my Raider and it is the wide bezel so Im going to order one of them and to satisfy my curiousity, Im going to take apart the old one and see what makes it tick... or in this case,what made it stop ticking ... it still clicks but wont tick :)

Thanks again for all your help!

John

DMK855

John, I know it has been a while, but I did order the 56000-01 switch. I know the bezel is a hair smaller than the factory switch, but it was readily available locally. I got it from my local Napa store. The switch fits perfectly. I will get pics of it tomorrow.

Dwayne

squonk

Napa # RS1000 crosses to the 56000-01

Kelly

But the 56000-01 is not the right one, 56000-02 is the one with the correct wide bezel, the other will work just not visually correct.

DMK855

I know that the 56000-01 is not 100% correct, but it fits my dash. Sure looks alot better than the lighted toggle and aluminum plate that was in its place!!

The 56000-02 was not available locally and would have cost over three times as much with the shipping!! :banghead:

sorekiwi

Sorry for missing that thread Mike!! :thumbs:

Thanks for leading me too it!! :banghead:

Well, it was in the "Wanted" section! Not really the place to look for switch information!!