Sign in to follow this  
ricky115

a-80-r

ricky115

I picked up a a-80-r is there any wiring diagrams available? this one looks like the engine has been changed, its a briggs rather than a techy.. There is a push, pull switch on the dash, no idea what its for, no lights on the tractor, battery charged, power to the ignition switch, power to the starter, power to this switch on the dash not even a growl...any ideas..thanks ..rick

Buzz

We don't have one in the Wheelhorsemanuals groups and there is none available for download from Toro either. Hopefully a member has one to share.

ricky115

thanks buzz..going to replace the selinoid...an wait to see if anyone has one

Save Old Iron

a few pics of key areas on the engine and back side of the dash may help us help you.

getting the engine to crank should not be too much of a chore.

starter solenoids are usually very interchangeable once you know how they function.

I'll be happy to keep an eye open for your updates.

:)

ricky115

dead end, changed the selinoid, checked all the grounds,not even a grunt,,back to the drawing board...

Save Old Iron

connect battery charger directly to the starter ground and 12 volt terminals.

does it crank now ?

ricky115

chuck...thanks for sending me down the right road...dont know much about the electrical end of these, but im learning, when i hooked up the jump starter, it sparked but nothing, started taking things aprart to get to the starter, gas tank etc, and noticed the starter drive gear jammed against the flywheel, got it free, took it off and put it in a vise, and put the electric to it again, it dos'nt throw the drive...bad starter?...taking it to be tested....thanks rick

ricky115

starter was junk..got a rebuilt one about to put it back together..will keep ya posted...thanks

Save Old Iron

Rick,

your doing great so far.

Placing the charger leads directly on the starter terminals bypassed everything that may have kept power from getting to the starter ( wires, connections, solenoids, safety switches).

Keep us updated.