Sign in to follow this  
Curmudgeon

WHCC 2008 Show

Curmudgeon

Okay, this might be a bit early, but I'm thinking about trying to make it again next year. After going to several in a row, I've missed a couple due to employment circumstances.

I've heard rumors since it'll be the 10th annual, they are hoping to get everyone who's ever went to go again.

If anyone hears any other rumors, I'd love to hear them. Facts are even better!!

Dale, keeping his fingers crossed for 2008

kj4kicks

I'll be there for sure ! Should have the C520FEL done by then, so that will go for sure. Might also take the 1077.

Plenty of camping area in my back yard, and I live 1/2 hour from the show....

Eldon.

refracman

Man that must be nice livein so close, 3 freinds and myself went this yr ( 8hr drive), arrived thursday nite and left sunday, Brrly (who just joined was one). We all had a good time and found some good deals too. I was amazed at all the tractors there. We all plan on goin again next yr and take some stuff for the swap area too. Still debatin on taken some to show though. dont know if we find a big enough trailer :D

kj4kicks

Living close may come in handy. Problem is, I didn't even know about the show until a few months ago, right before it happened.

Betcha I never miss another one !

Again, campers welcome in my back yard if'n ya wanna place to park.

Eldon.

nylyon

Got to be careful there Eldon, you could end up with one of these back there.....

camping.JPG

kj4kicks

No problem.... Bring it on ! The area behind the garage is about 60x200 and my friendly neighbor's is about the same size. We can put a couple dozen of them back there. The dirt pile will be gone by then LOL.

Eldon.

nylyon

Sounds good to me. Ok Mike, you bring the horses and I'll bring the houses! Now I wonder about the camp fire :D

kj4kicks

Now I wonder about the camp fire

As long as there's something cooking on it, it's perfectly legal !

:D

Sparky

I'll be there for sure...been to the last 4 so far. I kinda like the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg myself. Indoor pool...free breakfast....Ruby Tuesday across the street...I think I'm gettin soft :D !

Mike.....

Curmudgeon

I've always stayed at the Super 8 in Chambersburg. I think I"m the only one.

Dale, hoping to make it this year..............

CHARGER9AUTO

I'll be there for sure...been to the last 4 so far. I kinda like the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg myself. Indoor pool...free breakfast....Ruby Tuesday across the street...I think I'm gettin soft :D !

Mike.....

Mike, I will be at the show with my 1963 Wheel Horse "953" tractor I will be staying at Larson's Quality Inn in Gettysburg with my parents I look forward meeting some new people I have not met yet from this Wheel Horse forum . Ben :P

Sparky

Hey Ben, are ya going in a big rental truck? Remember me? I saw ya at the show and then again Saturday evening at a gas statin on the way home.

Mike.......

CHARGER9AUTO

Hey Ben, are ya going in a big rental truck? Remember me? I saw ya at the show and then again Saturday evening at a gas statin on the way home.

Mike.......

Hey Mike, I remember you we were filling the Penske rental truck up for the ride home my Dad rented Eric Johnson had his C-125 Auto for sale at the show .

you said to me and my Mom that you sometimes camp at Partridge Hollow during the summer . I look forward meeting you at the show next year or see you walking around in the swap meet area looking at parts or tractors . if your every this way in Monson please stop by I'm always home working on my Horses tractors or just riding them around like you do . Ben... :D

Sparky

I ended up buying that C-125 auto that Eric had for sale. I love having hydraulic lift for my snow-blower.

Mike........

CHARGER9AUTO

I ended up buying that C-125 auto that Eric had for sale. I love having hydraulic lift for my snow-blower.

Mike........

Mike I have two '79 Wheel Horse C-121 AUTOMATICS Wild Bill traded me for my '68 Commando 8 at the show one was all complete restored before the owner passed away that one ran the second tractor was not running it had the Kohler K-301AS 12 HP engine but someone at the show wanted to buy the drive pulley off the motor we tryed some PB BLASTER penertrating oil but that didn't work so I said if you can't get it off the 1" shaft without breaking it I for got how much money I sold the engine to him for I'm sorry I even did that :P:D Ben ......

Curmudgeon

I've been trying to log on to the WHCC website for at least a week now. All I get is under construction messages.

Anyone know what's up?

I'm just thinking about double checking the dates to be sure, and start making reservations and such.

Dale, in Michigan

nylyon

I saw that too, looks like there may be a hosting partner change. In any event, I am willing to setup a WHCC section here if that would help?

Buzz

I'm just thinking about double checking the dates to be sure, and start making reservations and such.

Dale, in Michigan

Dale, it's the Friday and Saturday after Fathers Day. In 2008 the show dates are June 20 and 21. Mark your calendars and start planning. The first couple of shows were earlier in June but I guess the date was changed so the kids would be out of school and come too

CHARGER9AUTO

Dale, it's the Friday and Saturday after Fathers Day. In 2008 the show dates are June 20 and 21. Mark your calendars and start planning. The first couple of shows were earlier in June but I guess the date was changed so the kids would be out of school and come too

Buzz, I will have my Dad make the reservations in January after New Years for the Wheel Horse show I missed the show last year but not this one I would miss out on all the fun and good deals on tractors . Ben

Curmudgeon

Thanks Buzz.

I have a desk top calendar for 2008, and it doesn't list any "event" days like Father's Day, so I couldn't use that tactic. It's marked now though! No, not Father's Day. LOL

Hope to see you all there!

Dale

Sparky

This year the show is on my 16th wedding anniversary(June 20th) and I was gittin some flak about going this year. The last few tears it was the weekend after my anniversary and there were no problems. So I took her to a nice restuarant last weekend and gave her a couple glasses of wine and then popped the question......."Can I go to the show this year sweetie???" I was using all the charm I could muster up :D . Seems if I take her out the weekend before the show I will be in good graces and be at the show this year.

See you all at the show.

Mike.........whew, that was close!!!!

nylyon

I've still got to talk to my wife about it too, what kind of wine did you get? I'm thinking a couple of smooth full glasses of Barcardi 151 :D

Curmudgeon

Quite the "wine" choice there Karl!!!!!!!! You're going for the gusto right off aren't you?

Dale

Buzz

I've still got to talk to my wife about it too, what kind of wine did you get? I'm thinking a couple of smooth full glasses of Barcardi 151 :D

If you're going to go the 151 route, it might be best if you wait until the night before you leave for the show. Arrange for a baby sitter for the weekend ahead of time. With a little luck, you'll be back from the show before she comes out of her coma... :( .... If by chance she's awake when you get home, just "remind" her that she insisted that you attend. "don't you remember Honey, or did you drink too much?" :P

nylyon

Ya know, that's just crazy enough to work. Humm..... :D